Printer Friendly

100 Hospitalized After German University Experiment Goes Wrong.

Dresden, Safar 25, 1433, Jan 19, 2012, SPA -- Around 100 people were hospitalized late Thursday after a chemistry experiment at a German university went wrong, emergency services and a university spokeswoman said.

Only three of those hospitalized showed severe symptoms, said a fire brigade spokesman, while the others had been brought in for observation.

Around 100 fire brigade officers had been called to evacuate the building at Dresden's Technical University in eastern Germany, dpa reported.

It was not immediately clear how the accident had occurred but it possibly involved arsine, a compound of arsenic and highly toxic.

--SPA 23:36 LOCAL TIME 20:36 GMT

All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2012 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Saudi Press Agency (SPA)
Date:Jan 19, 2012
Words:120
Previous Article:Ethiopia: Journalists, politician found guilty.
Next Article:Fires Kill 1,106 Chinese in 2011.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters