10 helpful free mobile apps for agents and brokers.
Agents and brokers don't just work out of an office anymore.
Many are always on the go, traveling far and near to meet with clients and business associates, or to network at conferences. Luckily, there's a slew of mobile apps agents and brokers can use to continue to manage their business from the palm of their hands.
From a smartphone or a tablet, agents and brokers now have access to their agency management systems, can neatly store and organize all their contacts and leads, sign important documents and even attend meetings.
Agents and brokers know not only does their business require mobile capabilities, but many of their clients want and expect it nowadays.
The following apps are ideal for agents and brokers who are always working, even when they're not in the office:
Insurance Agent by AppDevCoders
Here's your virtual assistant.
Insurance Agent is a mobile database that helps you keep track of your clients, products, carriers and important contacts. The mobile app is optimized for tablets and can be used on smartphones as well.
Among the app's key features are the ability to:
* Manage carriers and contacts.
* Manage several agents simultaneously.
* Keep a complete record of clients and prospects. The app includes a search functionality to help agents keep track of clients and prospects
* Record appointments.
* Create policies and manage claims and payments. The app supports several types of insurance, including Home, Auto, Health, Dental, Life and more.
The app also manages statistics on sales performance, commissions and premiums for agents.
Detailed data can be viewed in charts and organized by different filters, including Company, Agent, Periods and more. Insurance Agent is updated often to keep up with agents' growing needs.
Insurance Agent ON GO by Siyami Apps LLC
Insurance Agent ON GO is an Android app for agents that keeps track of customer sales and services for policies such as Auto, Home, Property and more. The app can be used on tablets and smartphones without any mobile network, data or internet connection.
Key features of the app include:
* The ability to add, update, delete and search clients, event, policy, quote and claim data.
* Being able to securely export or transfer client files by connecting device to a PC.
* The option to create your own unlimited number of custom templates for commonly used scenarios.
* Support for photo, audio, video, file or document attachments for client, project, sales/order/contract and event records.
* Computing capabilties for account balance using old balance and amount paid/due.
* The ability to export-import to share data with existing practice applications by uploading and downloading CSV files.
* A functionality to schedule events or appointments and view them by day, week, month or year. The app can also remind clients via SMS, email or phone call with just one tap, and even pre-fills the message that you can customize. Supports Google calendar sync.
InsuranceQuotes Agents by insuranceQuotes
For agents with an insuranceQuotes.com lead account, the iQ Agents app is the perfect companion.
The app allows agents to login to their account on a mobile device and receive push notifications when they get a new lead. Clicking on the notification allows users to review details about the new prospect and provides the option to contact them immediately.
The iQ Agents app also enables agents to access the most commonly used aspects of an insuranceQuotes.com lead account, including the ability to:
* Search, filter and view all leads delivered to your account in the past 90 days.
* Easy one-step "click to call" or "click to email" functionality.
* Manage and edit major account settings such as account status and daily caps.
* View account balance, transaction history and statements.
* Request credits.
* Access agent resources, industry articles, advice and tips.
MyHomeWorks Inventory by AssetWatch
This is a good one for agents to use for themselves as well as recommend to clients. MyHomeWorks allows users to take inventory of their homes and belongings in the event of a loss.
With MyHomeWorks access, users are able to take photos and assign value to belongings in their home.
Users can document the condition of their items and update the conditions after an event or loss.
For more information on the full functionalities of the MyHomeWorks app, visit www.myhomeworks.com.
DreamVault by American Family
Similar to the MyHomeWorks app is American Family's DreamVault app, which allows users to keep an inventory of belongings.
The app is great for American Family Insurance agents to use with customers. If a user ever has a claim or needs to report something stolen, the information is right at the user's fingertips -- accessible anytime, anywhere in the world from a computer or smartphone.
With the DreamVault app, users can:
* Take and upload photos of belongings.
* Add descriptions (serial number, purchase price, etc.) with the speech-to-text feature.
* Sort items into predefined categories, or create a custom filing system.
* Generate reports based on the information provided.
* Email inventory to an American Family Insurance agent to determine proper coverage.
CamCard by INTSIG Information Co. Ltd
There's a lot of business-card swapping in the insurance industry, and while a Rolodex is still the favorite of many to keep cards organized, we think there's a better way.
CamCard is an app that scans business cards and saves information to users' smart devices that can be shared over multiple platforms such as Salesforce, Google Contacts, Outlook and Excel.
Key features of the app allow users to:
* Scan and store business cards.
* Exchange e-cards with people nearby.
* Add notes and reminders to contacts.
* Get contact updates.
* Search contacts' company news to start a good conversation.
* Navigate to contact addresses in Map.
* Access contact inf.ormation across multiple devices
* Manage contacts from all over the world with 17 recognition languages.
GoToMeeting by Citrix
Agents and brokers no longer have to have face-to-face meetings thanks to technology such as GoToMeeting.
The online meeting software's mobile app gives users access to meetings anywhere, anytime on a smartphone or tablet.
Some of the app's best features allow users to:
* Join or host a meeting.
* View presentations, mockups and reports Co whatever is shown on screen.
* See all upcoming meetings and join with a single tap.
* Get alerts for upcoming meetings.
* Use a smartwatch to join, mute and leave instead of fumbling for the phone.
* Hand-off presentation control to anyone else in the meeting
* View attendee webcams.
* Chat with individual attendees or everyone in the meeting.
* Participate in Q&A and answer poll questions.
Adobe Fill & Sign DC by Adobe
A fast and easy way to get a prospect to sign-off on a policy is to sign documents electronically, rather than having to wait for physical paper copies to be exchanged and signed.
Adobe Fill & Sign allows users to instantly turn digital files or paper documents into forms that can be filled out, signed and sent electronically, without printing or faxing.
With the app, users can:
* Scan paper forms with a smart device's camera or open a file from email.
* Tap to enter text or checkmarks in form fields.
* Fill forms faster with reusable text from your autofill collection.
* Easily create a personalized signature with a finger or a stylus.
* Apply signatures or initials to documents.
* Save forms and send to others via email.
QQCatalyst by QQ Solutions
If you use the QQ Catalyst agency management system, you need to use its mobile app. QQCatalyst allows insurance agencies to securely access client data, including client details, policies, notes and files from mobile devices.
* Secure sign in with QQCatalyst credentials anytime, anywhere.
* Multi-office support that allows users to search for clients and policies across all of an agency's offices.
* Functionality to view client information, full list of policies, notes, tasks and files.
* Access to tasks list.
* Ability to direct dial client phone numbers and map client addresses.
NOAA Weather International by Pandamonium Software
It seems simple, but for agents and brokers located in areas prone to weather-related catastrophes such as hurricanes and tornadoes, a weather alert app is an extremely helpful tool.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration offers an app that offers accurate forecasts and severe weather alerts to your mobile device.
Key features helpful for agents include:
* View forecast and current conditions for current location.
* View forecast & current conditions for any location in the world by map.
* Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
* Hourly forecast.
* Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation and wind imagery over Google Maps.
* Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation.
* Hazardous weather alerts.
* Current conditions notification.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Property and Casualty 360|
|Date:||Apr 29, 2016|
|Previous Article:||House passes private Flood insurance bill.|
|Next Article:||People on the move in the P&C insurance industry: April 29, 2016.|