Printer Friendly

-Norwegian Camillo Eitzen loss melts in Q3 2010.

NORDIC BUSINESS REPORT-November 26, 2010--Norwegian Camillo Eitzen loss melts in Q3 2010(C)2010 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.m2.com

26 November 2010 - Norwegian shipping company Camillo Eitzen & Co ASA (OSL: CECO), or CECO, said yesterday its third-quarter net loss had narrowed to USD14.2m from USD60.7m a year earlier on a revenue that rose only slightly.

EBITDA grew to USD8.5m from USD3.7m, but pretax loss widened to USD20.1m from USD15.3m mainly due to a loss of USD11.9m generated by associated chemical transportation company Eitzen Chemical ASA (OSL: ECHEM).

Revenues in the third quarter stood at USD136.2m compared with USD134.8m in the corresponding period last year.

In October, CECO sold 40% of its ethylene business to Luxembourg-based Jaccar Holdings. The remaining 60% stake is held for sale, the company said.

The CECO group includes wholly owned Eitzen Gas A/S, 63.1% controlled Eitzen Maritime Services ASA (OSL: EMS) and 41.5% held Eitzen Chemical.

(EUR1 = USD1.3)

((Comments on this story may be sent to info@m2.com))

COPYRIGHT 2010 Normans Media Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2010 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Camillo Eitzen & Co ASA
Publication:Nordic Business Report
Article Type:Brief article
Geographic Code:4EXNO
Date:Nov 26, 2010
Words:177
Previous Article:-Norwegian Grenland gets NOK20m deal from FMC Technologies.
Next Article:-Finnish Fortum, Russian Rosatom team on nuclear power.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters