'Premier League' burglar jailed for PS80k break-in.
By ELWYN ROBERTS Daily Post Correspondent firstname.lastname@example.org A HABITUAL criminal who was told by a judge that he had entered the "Premier League of burglary" after his latest break-in has been jailed for three and a half years.
Lucas Partyka, 24, admitted raiding the home of a company director and his wife, then removing a safe and its contents valued at PS80,000. He also admitted carrying out a second break-in while on bail.
Partyka, who committed his !rst house burglary when he was 12, broke into the Bangor-on-Dee house on November 10 2014.
A window at the rear had been forced and the property searched. A safe and its contents had been taken, which included PS7,000 in cash, jewellery, travellers' cheques, money in diPSerent currencies and two valuable watches. One was a Breitling valued in excess of PS40,000 and another was a vintage Rolex.
Almost PS30,000 worth of the stolen property had not been covered by insurance, Mold Crown Court heard yesterday. In a victim impact statement, Lesley Stokes Boreham said some of the items stolen from her house, including the Rolex which her late father had left to her son, had been irreplaceable.
Five days after the burglary the couple received an anonymous photograph which showed the defendant wearing one of the stolen watches.
Prosecutor Emmalyne Downing said police viewed CCTV footage of a safe being placed in a boot of a Vauxhall Astra. at vehicle was located at Partyka's house in Queensway, Wrexham, and his !ngerprints were found on the rear view mirror. His home was then searched and vouchers from the burglary were found.
Partyka gave a no comment in interview and was on bail at the time of the second burglary in Rossett on November 29.
second burglary in Rossett on Andrew Roberts lived with his wife at the cottage and while they were away a window was forced. Valuable property including an iPod and computers were taken along with tools.
Partyka, | A neighbour walking a dog nearby found a mobile phone. It was analysed an linked to Partyka through texts he had sent his girlfriend.
e court heard that Partyka had a burglary conviction in 2002, a robbery conviction in 2008 and a further burglary in 2012, which made him a "three strikes burglar" eligible for a statutory minimum three-year sentence.
Partyka admitted the two burglaries and two charges of vehicle taking from the burglary scenes, just four months after his release from a previous jail term.
the burglary scenes, just four months after his release from a previous jail term.
Mark Connor, defending, said it was a sad fact that the defendant had served nine years and 10 months in custody and was clearly institutionalised.
it was a sad fact that the defendant had served nine years and 10 months in custody and was clearly institutionalised.
24 Both burglaries were extremely serious and aggravated by Partyka's appalling criminal record, said judge Niclas Parry.
ly serious and aggravated by Partyka's appalling criminal record, said Detective Inspector Neil Harrison welcomed the sentence which ensured the public would be protected from Partyka's "persistent oPSending".
Partyka, 24 |