'Infamous' Navy ship HMAS Success in new sex scandal.
According to News Ltd, a 25-year-old sailor has told police she was sexually assaulted aboard the ship last week.
The news comes after a major investigation earlier this year into widespread sexual misconduct aboard the supply ship.
"I have to be careful, there is an investigation underway. Upon receipt of the complaint, appropriate action was taken," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Defence Minister Stephen Smith as saying.
Smith is trying to reform the department that has often been accused of largely ignoring parliament.
"There is a zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour throughout the service," he said.
"The most important thing is to make sure it is quickly investigated and handed over to the relevant authorities," he added.
Sydney's Kings Cross police are investigating the sailor's allegation, News Ltd said. (ANI)
Copyright 2011 Asian News International (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Asian News International|
|Date:||Jul 31, 2011|
|Previous Article:||2,100 kids treated for eating disorders in last 3 years!|
|Next Article:||Depressed diabetics at high risk for serious eye disease.|