"Spain Telecommunications Report Q3 2013" is now available at Fast Market Research.
Full Report Details at
* The mobile market contracted by 6.7% y-o-y in Q113, reaching 50.421mn. This was the result of the squeeze on consumer spending and inactive subscription discounting by market leader Movistar and second-ranked Vodafone.
* The disconnection of active subscribers has helped maintain APRU rates this quarter, but we forecast that these will continue to fall during the course of the year because of costumers' heightened price sensitivity of consumers and the implementation of mobile termination rate cuts.
* Dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions saw the largest declines, according to CMT data, down 26.4% in Q113 to 2.884mn.
Key Trends And Developments
Mobile operators are competing to gain first-mover advantage in the 4G market, with three operators claiming that they will be the first to launch services by mid-2013. Orange, Yoigo and Vodafone have all stated that their 4G network will be commercially available by the summer.
Vodafone and Orange have presented a request to the regulator, CMT, that Movistar let its rivals use its high-speed fixed-broadband network. Movistar has been quick to defend its position, stating that, if other operators wish to use it, they should be prepared to invest in its development. Vodafone and Orange, which are working together to construct an FTTH network that would compete with Movistar in key cities still needs access to Movistar's last-mile infrastructure to access customers' homes.
In May 2013, Vodafone signed an agreement with Huawei, which will see the latter maintain Vodafone's xDSL network over the next five years.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- China Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Venezuela Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
Copyright 2013 USPRwire
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 16, 2013|
|Previous Article:||New Market Research Report: Colour Cosmetics in the US.|
|Next Article:||Canada Metals Report Q3 2013 - New Market Study Published.|