"OpportunityAnalyzer: Genital Herpes - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2023" Published.
[USPRwire, Sun Oct 18 2015] Genital herpes (GH) is a life-long viral infection of the genitalia and urogenital tract. It is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and is a leading cause of genital ulcers around the world. Patients with GH can suffer from recurring episodes of symptom outbreaks, which usually involve painful ulcerations. The prevalence of GH in the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM) covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) has been increasing, and GH is beginning to be viewed as a significant global public health problem, especially because the infection can assist the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1).
There is currently no effective preventative vaccine or cure for GH, and the treatment landscape is dominated by generic nucleoside analogues. Despite the effectiveness of these drugs in managing the symptoms in the majority of patients, the lack of treatment alternatives and the shortcomings of the current treatments have stimulated investments in new treatment options for this vast patient population.
Full Report Details at
For the purposes of this report, GlobalData defines the GH market to include sales of GH-specific medication in patients 18 years and older. GlobalData expects the market to experience moderate growth that is primarily driven by the uptake of novel therapies - led by Agenus's HerpV and Genocea's GEN-003 - in the US and 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK).
Key Questions Answered
* Based on interviews with key opinion leaders (KOLs), GlobalData has identified the major unmet needs in the GH marketplace. Will the leading pipeline agents fulfil these unmet needs during the forecast period (2013-2023)?
* What research and development (R&D) strategies will companies leverage to compete in the future GH marketplace?
* Which patient population(s) are most likely to be targeted for GH -specific product development?
* What clinical and commercial factors are likely to influence GH uptake in the US, 5EU and Japan?
* GlobalData projects the GH market in the US, 5EU and Japan to grow from approximately $490m in 2013 to $668m in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1%. This growth across the 7MM will primarily be driven by the launch of pipeline agents, especially the therapeutic vaccines in the US and 5EU, while continued generic erosion across the 7MM, particularly in the 5EU and Japan, is expected to curtail market growth over the forecast period.
* While pipeline agents have the potential to address some of the unmet needs in the GH treatment, available data do not demonstrate that they will be able to fully address these issues, according to interviewed KOLs.
Copyright [c] 2015 USPRwire Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 18, 2015|
|Previous Article:||"Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency - Pipeline Review, H2 2015" now available at Fast Market Research.|
|Next Article:||Apitope International NV - Product Pipeline Review - 2015 - New Market Report.|