i2's Supply Chain Leader Magazine Receives 2009 APEX Award of Excellence.DALLAS -- Supply Chain Leader, a magazine of ideas and innovations from i2 Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : ITWO ITWO I2 Technologies (stock abbreviation, AMEX) ), has received the 2009 APEX apex (a´peks) pl. apexes, a´pices [L.] tip; the pointed end of a conical part; the top of a body, organ, or part.ap´ical
apex of lung the rounded upper extremity of either lung. Award of Excellence for Magazine & Journal Writing. This is the second consecutive year the publication has received the honor.
The 21st annual competition for writers, editors, publications staff, business and nonprofit A corporation or an association that conducts business for the benefit of the general public without shareholders and without a profit motive.
Nonprofits are also called not-for-profit corporations. Nonprofit corporations are created according to state law. communicators attracted entries from more than 700 magazines and journals. Winners were recognized based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and their ability to achieve overall communications excellence.
"It's an honor to receive the APEX Award again this year," said Beth Elkin, i2 senior director, marketing. "Supply Chain Leader is a key vehicle for our supply chain thought leaders to share their innovative thinking and best-practice knowledge with others around the world."
Supply Chain Leader features industry trends, customer case studies and i2 expert, analyst and supply chain practitioner insights and opinions. The current issue, found at www.i2.com/scl, includes:
* "Old Navy Leverages Supply Chain Management Technology to Stay Lean and Green," by Lauren Bossers Matt Salmonson, senior vice president of Inventory Management at Old Navy, discusses the state of supply chain management in retail today and the critical role of planning and preparation in Old Navy's implementation of i2 solutions.
* "Are You Prepared for the Worst? Managing Supply Chain Disruption with Continuous Design," by Hal Feuchtwanger Natural disasters, customer bankruptcies, product recallsOthere are dozens of unexpected events that can wreak wreak
tr.v. wreaked, wreak·ing, wreaks
1. To inflict (vengeance or punishment) upon a person.
2. To express or gratify (anger, malevolence, or resentment); vent.
3. havoc on your worldwide supply chain. Learn how a continuous supply chain design process can help you succeed when faced with even the worst "what-if" scenarios.
* "Channel Management Strategies to Maximize Revenue, Margins and Cash Flow When Times are Tough," by Sweeni S. Ponoth Companies across the board are reducing headcount, experiencing unprecedented price, brand, and market share erosion, and dealing with excess capacity and double-digit decreases in sales, all of which have resulted in retailer and supplier bankruptcies. Learn about four strategies that can help channel managers through these challenging economic times.
* "Recession-Resistant Demand Management Strategies and Tactics," by Adeel Najmi, Manish Ghosh and Hae-Goo Song Learn how resilient See resiliency. companies can manage demand and pipeline inventory when the past is not a reliable indicator of the future.
Throughout its more than 20-year history of innovation and value delivery, i2 has dedicated itself to building successful customer partnerships. As a full-service supply chain company, i2 is uniquely positioned to help its clients achieve world-class business results through a combination of consulting, technology, and managed services An umbrella term for third-party monitoring and maintaining of computers, networks and software. The actual equipment may be inhouse or at the third-party's facilities, but the "managed" implies an ongoing effort; for example, making sure the equipment is running at a certain quality . i2 solutions are pervasive in a wide cross-section of industries. Learn more at www.i2.com.
i2 Cautionary Language
This press release contains forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. that involve risks and uncertainties, including forward-looking statements regarding i2's management team and its ability to deliver results to i2's customers worldwide. For a discussion of factors which could impact i2's financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements, please refer to i2's recent filings with the SEC, particularly the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q Form 10-Q
See 10-Q. for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 and the Annual Report on Form 10-K Form 10-K
A report required by the SEC from exchange-listed companies that provides for annual disclosure of certain financial information.
See 10-K. for the year ended December 31, 2008. i2 expressly disclaims any current intention to update the forward-looking information contained in this news release.