ex-servicenotes.Byline: Peter Jones
REMINDER of today's meeting, at noon, of the Worcestershire & Sherwood Foresters The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment) was formed during the Childers Reforms in 1881 from the amalgamation of the 45th (Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot and the 95th (Derbyshire) Regiment of Foot . Association, Coventry branch at the Nursery Tavern, Lord Street. If you are a former 'Worcester-Forester' your membership will be welcome... you may meet an old pal of serving days.
* MEMBERS of the Midland branch of the Lincolnshire & Royal Anglian Regimental Association hold their meeting at the Marston Green Marston Green is a village of around 8000 residents in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull in the West Midlands, approximately 7 miles from Birmingham.
The village is adjacent to Birmingham International Airport and the National Exhibition Centre. Club, Bickenhill Road, Marston Green this evening at 7.45pm. A quick call to secretary Les Wood on 02476 597815 will provide details of this active branch.
* TOMORROW the Coventry branch, Royal Naval Association hold a members meeting at the Royal Warwicks Club at 8pm. Secretary Mick Kieran can provide advance details of the branch by calling 02476 722057 and a welcome to former serving members of the Royal Navy.
* MEMBERS of No 4 branch, Royal British Legion hold a monthly meeting at the Standard Triumph Social Club, Tile Hill Tile Hill is a suburb in the west of Coventry. The railway line linking Rugby, Coventry and Birmingham goes through Tile Hill, and Tile Hill railway station is within Tile Hill near its eastern border with Solihull. Lane at 7.30pm tomorrow.
New members are invited and secretary Brian Ferris can provide branch details by calling 02476 676986.
* WEDNESDAY brings the meetings of the Airborne Association's Coventry branch at 11am and the Coventry branch, REME REME Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Association at 8pm. Both meetings will be held at the TA Centre, Westfield House, Radford Road, Coventry. For details of membership of either branch contact Geoff Wells on 02476 720661.
* COVENTRY branch of the Royal Air Force Association also meet on Wednesday at the branch HQ, 1 Lythalls Lane at 8pm. For information about this active branch contact secretary Dorothy Clifford on 02476 364328.
* THE Royal Marines Association branch hold a members meeting on Thursday at the Royal Warwicks Club at 7.30pm. If you served as a Royal Marine and wish to join the branch call John Franks on 01455 455619 for membership details and your attendance will be welcome.
* THE new HQ of the Sailors, Soldiers and Air Force Association is Westfield House TA Centre, Radford Road, Coventry with casework case·work
Social work devoted to the needs of individual clients or cases.
casework manager Peter Fazakarley on duty Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays of each week from 9.30am to 12noon, phone number 02476 599098.