culture: Books Quiz.
One of the most exciting things for readers is watching new writers appear on the literary scene and discovering their work.
This month, as part of its Writer's Year, Waterstone's has launched its New Voices campaign.
The campaign highlights and supports the work of 12 of the book world's brightest new talents. Waterstone's are offering one lucky Culture Club member the chance to win a pounds 100 Waterstone's Gift Card and a set of their New Voices collection of a dozen books - one by each of these exciting new writers - and two runners-up prizes of pounds 50 Waterstone's Gift Cards. To enter the competition answer the six questions below. See competition details for entries.
1. Who hit the bestseller lists in 1990 with her debut publication Postmortem, the first book in the popular series featuring forensic pathologist Dr Kay Scarpetta?
A. Patricia Cornwell
B. Minette Walters
C. Karin Slaughter
2. How to Eat was the first cookery book to be published by which food writer and TV cook?
A. Delia Smith
B. Nigella Lawson
C. Gordon Ramsay
3. What was the title of the first book in the bestselling Harry Potter series by J K Rowling?
A. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
B. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
C. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
4. What is the title of the first book in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett?
A. The Light Fantastic
B. The Colour of Magic
C. Equal Rites
5. In which book by Ian Fleming did secret agent James Bond make his first appearance?
A. Dr No
B. Casino Royale
C. From Russia With Love
6. Name the first book to be published by Jane Austen?
A. Sense and Sensibility
B. Pride and Prejudice