click2learn.com Appoints Getty Images Co-founder and CEO Jonathan Klein to Board of Directors.
BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 26, 2000
click2learn.com, inc. (Nasdaq:CLKS), a Wired World Company(TM), today announced the appointment of Jonathan Klein The name Jonathan Klein can refer to one of the following:
Since its founding in March 1995, Klein Klein , Melanie 1882-1960.
Austrian-born British psychoanalyst who first introduced play therapy and was the first to use psychoanalysis to treat young children. has shaped Getty Images into the global leader in e-commerce e-commerce, commerce conducted over the Internet, most often via the World Wide Web. E-commerce can apply to purchases made through the Web or to business-to-business activities such as inventory transfers. delivery of high quality visual content, by any and every measure. Klein orchestrated or·ches·trate
tr.v. or·ches·trat·ed, or·ches·trat·ing, or·ches·trates
1. To compose or arrange (music) for performance by an orchestra.
2. the growth of the company both organically and through 25 acquisitions, took the company public on NASDAQ in July 1996, and developed a number of key strategic partnerships and relationships.
Ranked in the top 100 Internet Internet
Publicly accessible computer network connecting many smaller networks from around the world. It grew out of a U.S. Defense Department program called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network), established in 1969 with connections between computers at the companies by Inter@ctive Week magazine, and in the top 20 "Hottest Companies on the Web" by Business 2.0, Getty Images has been described as "a remarkable portrait of Web-change and business growth" by Fast Company.
"Jonathan Klein's track record of strategic vision and execution translates perfectly into click2learn.com's industry segment -- particularly the pioneering role Getty Images has played in the transition of traditional content to a Web-based format and in the consolidation of an industry to cement cement, binding material used in construction and engineering, often called hydraulic cement, typically made by heating a mixture of limestone and clay until it almost fuses and then grinding it to a fine powder. a leadership position," said Kevin Oakes, President and Chief Executive Officer, click2learn.com. "We're delighted to add Jonathan's experience and strategic understanding to click2learn.com's Board of Directors."
"click2learn.com has established a leadership position in a segment that is literally exploding, and I'm happy to have this opportunity to contribute to their continued growth and development," noted Jonathan Klein, co-founder and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of Getty Images. "Like Getty Images and the visual content industry, e-Learning represents one of the most compelling vertical applications of Internet technology to a broad-based, traditional field. click2learn is perfectly positioned to capture the benefits of that growth and I am proud to be a part of it."
About click2learn.com, inc.
click2learn.com (Nasdaq:CLKS), formerly known as Asymetrix Learning Systems, Inc., is a leading provider of full service e-Learning solutions to businesses, government, and educational institutions throughout the world. By developing a powerful and full-featured outsourced platform for e-Learning, and partnering with market-leading content publishers, click2learn.com provides customers with an Application Service Provider (ASP asp, popular name for several species of viper, one of which, the European asp (Vipera aspis), is native to S Europe. It is also a name for the Egyptian cobra (Naja haja). ) model that gives organizations instant access to the click2learn.com e-Learning Network. Customers can access thousands of courses and use browser-based publishing and learning management tools through a custom-configured e-Learning site, or directly through the click2learn.com e-Learning portal.
In addition to an outsourced solution, click2learn.com is a leader in providing internal e-Learning implementations. The click2learn.com enterprise e-Learning initiatives include learning management products, spearheaded by the market-leading Ingenium total learning management solution, and e-Learning authoring software products -- featuring the acclaimed ac·claim
v. ac·claimed, ac·claim·ing, ac·claims
1. To praise enthusiastically and often publicly; applaud. See Synonyms at praise.
2. ToolBook II Instructor and Assistant authoring tools. Each solution is augmented by one of the industry's largest professional services (job) professional services - A department of a supplier providing consultancy and programming manpower for the supplier's products. groups, including award-winning custom content development, strategic consulting, and integration services. For more information on click2learn.com e-Learning solutions, call 800/448-6543 or 425/462-0501.
click2learn.com is located on the World Wide Web at www.click2learn.com . The click2learn.com e-Learning portal is located at www.click2learn.com/c2l.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. that involve risks and uncertainties, including information contained in this document where statements are preceded by, followed by or include the words "believes," "plans," "intends," "expects," "anticipates" or similar expressions. For such statements, The Company claims the protection of the safe harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA) implemented several significant substantive changes affecting certain cases brought under the federal securities laws, including changes related to pleading, discovery, liability, class representation and awards fees and of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from the results predicted, and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. Factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements include market acceptance of internet based training and the click2learn.com learning portal, the ability to successfully implement click2learn.com virtual universities and strategic relationships with content providers and other web-based companies, the ability of those relationships to result in increased users and increased revenues and the risk factors set forth in filings The Company has made with the SEC.
click2learn.com, click2learn.publisher, click2learn.author, click2learn.manager, Ingenium, ToolBook II Instructor and ToolBook II Assistant are trademarks of click2learn.com, inc. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.