ZDNet Teams With Newmediary to Provide Request for Proposal eMarketplace For ZDNet Users.
NEWTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 9, 2001
IT Professionals and Small Business Managers to Benefit from Easy
Access to a Range of Business Services
Newmediary, Inc. (www.newmediary.com), which builds and manages online directory solutions for content and community sites, today announced it has formed a strategic alliance with CNET (body) CNET - Centre national d'Etudes des Telecommunications. The French national telecommunications research centre at Lannion. Networks, Inc., (Nasdaq:CNET), the global source of technology and commerce-related information, data, exchanges, and services.
ZDNet (www.zdnet.com), a division of CNET Networks, will integrate the Newmediary service into its popular Business & Technology channel for small business and IT professionals, providing its users access to a tightly integrated request for proposal (RFP (Request For Proposal) A document that invites a vendor to submit a bid for hardware, software and/or services. It may provide a general or very detailed specification of the system.
1. (business) RFP - Request for Proposal.
2. ) engine, where they can easily identify and contact a range of service providers for their business needs. Newmediary's RFP service and interactive directory of service providers will power the new ZDNet IT RFP Center (http://www.newmediary.zdnet.com/zdnet.asp).
"This alliance with Newmediary supports our strategy to integrate our leading technology business content with services that make CNET Networks a one-stop, interactive business-to-business resource," said Dan Farber, executive vice president of Content Development & Integration for ZDNet. "No one is better positioned than CNET Networks to connect qualified eBusiness service providers with buyers that have targeted needs. The ZDNet IT RFP Center gives our audience yet another valuable tool to help them meet their marketing and outsourcing challenges."
Using Newmediary's RFP tool, members of ZDNet's Small Business and IT professional communities now have the power of a corporate purchasing department Noun 1. purchasing department - the division of a business that is responsible for purchases
business department - a division of a business firm right at their fingertips "Fingertips" is a 1963 number-one hit single recorded live by "Little" Stevie Wonder for Motown's Tamla label. Wonder's first hit single, "Fingertips" was the first live, non-studio recording to reach number-one on the Billboard Pop Singles chart in the United States. . Through the use of project description templates and easy-to-use Web and email-based RFP workflow tools, Newmediary eliminates the time-consuming and laborious la·bo·ri·ous
1. Marked by or requiring long, hard work: spent many laborious hours on the project.
2. Hard-working; industrious. process of sifting through bids for proposals to find the right consultancy for the job. Newmediary's RFP service will help ZDNet's users collapse the process into a series of simple steps and ultimately find quality service providers, ranging from legal to public relations public relations, activities and policies used to create public interest in a person, idea, product, institution, or business establishment. By its nature, public relations is devoted to serving particular interests by presenting them to the public in the most to Web design, to economically deliver the business solutions they seek.
Newmediary builds and manages the largest network of online directories that enable content and community sites to extend their brand and create recurring re·cur
intr.v. re·curred, re·cur·ring, re·curs
1. To happen, come up, or show up again or repeatedly.
2. To return to one's attention or memory.
3. To return in thought or discourse. revenue streams. Newmediary supplies its partners with private-label directories and a robust, RFP-powered search tool. The Newmediary network of more than 30 partner directories currently features close to 20,000 registered service providers, who have gained access to over $200 million in qualified RFPs since Newmediary's launch in April 2000.
"Our RFP-powered tool has become an extremely active service since our launch in April, brokering more than $230 million worth of business for our qualified participants," said John Federman, president and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of Newmediary. "We're excited for the incredible exposure we'll get on ZDNet, to millions of IT and small business users. Our RFP service has been uniquely adapted to complement the specific content and audience needs of the ZDNet Business & Technology channel."
With an initial focus on e-business services, Newmediary is now partnering with leading brands in other verticals such as public relations and legal. Newmediary supplies its partners with private-label directories and a robust, RFP-powered search tool.
ABOUT CNET NETWORKS, INC.
CNET Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:CNET), is the global source of technology and commerce-related information, data, exchanges and services. As a top 10 Internet company with established Web sites in 25 countries and 16 languages, CNET Networks connects buyers, sellers and suppliers throughout the IT supply chain with award-winning content via the Web, wireless devices, television, radio and print. Its respected brand portfolio includes CNET, ZDNet, mySimon, News.com, TV.com, Computer Shopper Computer Shopper could referr to the following publications:
ABOUT NEWMEDIARY, INC.
Newmediary builds and manages the largest network of online directories that enable content and community sites to extend their brand and create recurring revenue streams. Focusing on e-business services and working with leading brands in the publishing and Internet arenas, Newmediary supplies its partners with private-label directories and a robust, RFP-powered search tool. Newmediary also provides customer support, telesales telesales
the selling of a commodity or service by telephone
telesales npl → televentas fpl
telesales npl → and co-op marketing programs to guarantee the success of each partner's directory. Newmediary's unique technology and full-service offering enables partners to generate online subscription revenues and increase site stickiness without distracting dis·tract
tr.v. dis·tract·ed, dis·tract·ing, dis·tracts
1. To cause to turn away from the original focus of attention or interest; divert.
2. To pull in conflicting emotional directions; unsettle. them from their core business.
Based in Newton, MA, Newmediary was founded in April 1999. The company is privately-held and backed by leading venture capital firms Name Location Founding date Managing Partners/Directors Specialty Capital managed
5AM Ventures Menlo Park, CA; Waltham, MA 2002 John Diekman, PhD (managing partner), Scott Rocklage, PhD (managing partner), Andrew Schwab (managing partner) life sciences $200M  including, GE Equity, Advanced Technology Ventures, Commonwealth Capital, and Still River Fund. Newmediary's management team hails from such leading B2B (Business to Business) Refers to one business communicating with or selling to another. See B2B e-commerce, B2C and B2G.
B2B - business to business organizations as The New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of Times Company Digital, Switchboard.com, Engage, and Ziff-Davis.