Yeast Infections; Questions to Ask.
* Is there a difference between the various over-the-counter treatments for yeast infections? Which one would you recommend?
* Am I a candidate for the one-dose, oral prescription medication Diflucan? (Be sure to tell your health care professional if you may be pregnant, are nursing, have any other health problems, or are taking any other medications.)
* Are the drugs used for treating yeast infections safe for pregnant women?
* Are the drugs used for treating yeast infections safe for nursing women?
* Does my male partner need to be treated? What if I have a female partner?
* Are different vaginal infections treated differently?
* How do I identify a yeast infection in the future?
* Do I need to refrain from sexual contact while I am being treated?
* How much douching is excessive?
* How do I avoid yeast infections in the future?
"Frequently asked questions about vaginal health." National Vaginitis Association. http://www.vaginalinfection.com/00f02.html. 1998. Accessed Jan. 2002.
"Vaginitis due to vaginal infections." National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases of the National Institute of Health. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdvag.htm. 1998. Accessed March 2004. Accessed Jan. 2002.
"Vaginitis: commonly asked questions." Planned Parenthood Federation of America. http://www.plannedparenthood.org/WOMENSHEALTH/vaginitis.htm. 1998. Accessed Jan. 2002.
"Frequently Asked Questions About Vaginal Yeast Infections" McNeil-PPC, Inc. 2001. http://www.monistat.com/fyi.html#2. Accessed Jan. 2002.
"Adverse Reactions: Fluconazole" RxList 2002. http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/flucon_ad.htm. Accessed Jan. 2002.
Editorial Staff of the National Women's Health Resource Center 2002/09/12 2005/03/17 Vaginal yeast infections, also called candida vaginal infections or candidiasis, are common fungal infections that occur when there is overgrowth of the fungus called candida. Bacterial vaginosis,candida,Candidiasis,Fluconazole,Lactobacillus,Vaginal discharge,Vulvovaginal candidiasis,Yeast infections