Yamaha Approves Nine OHV GRANTs in the Second Quarter of 2012.OHV OHV Off Highway Vehicle
OHV Overhead Valve
OHV Overhead Hoist Vehicle
OHV over Head Valve Enthusiasts and Riding Areas Topping $2 Million in GRANTs Since 2008
CYPRESS, Calif., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.'s, OHV Access Initiative - the industry leader in Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nation's Trails (GRANTs) - approved nine projects supporting responsible, safe OHV riding and open, sustainable OHV access to trails and riding areas across the country. The second quarter GRANTs for 2012 exceeded $122,000 bringing Yamaha's direct investment in the OHV community nationwide to more than $2 million since its inception in 2008.
The recent funding cycle for the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative featured a new national partner in the protection of recreational access to public lands. The National Wild Turkey Federation joins Yamaha's growing list of national OHV industry and land stewardship leaders.
"Yamaha is proud to work with diverse organizations with a national reach to help bring needed attention to the concerns facing motorized mo·tor·ize
tr.v. mo·tor·ized, mo·tor·iz·ing, mo·tor·iz·es
1. To equip with a motor.
2. To supply with motor-driven vehicles.
3. To provide with automobiles. recreation in this country," said Steve Nessl, Yamaha ATV (1) (Advanced TV) An early name for the digital TV standard proposed by the Advisory Committee on Advanced Television Service (ACATS). See ACATS. See also ATV Forum.
(2) (Analog TV) Refers to the NTSC, PAL and SECAM analog TV standads. and SxS marketing manager. "Organizations such as TreadLightly, the Off-Road Business Association and, now, the National Wild Turkey Federation, utilize their networks to identify OHV riding area projects across the country, bring them to our attention and coordinate resources to address issues large and small for the benefit of the larger OHV community."
These nine organizations were awarded GRANTs totaling more than $122,000 in the second quarter 2012 funding cycle of the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative:
* Missouri Mudders Enduro en·dur·o
n. pl. en·dur·os
A race, as of motorcycles, that tests endurance.
[Shortening and alteration of endurance.] Riders Association - O'Fallon, Mo.
* Mountwood Park ATV Adventures - Parkesburg, W.Va.
* National Wild Turkey Federation
* Off-Road Business Association (ORBA)
* Red Rock Riders Association - Pengilly, Minn.
* Ride With Respect - Moab, Utah
* Sierra National Forest Sierra National Forest is a U.S. National Forest located on the western slope of central Sierra Nevada in California. The Forest known for its mountain scenery and natural resources. It includes more than 1. - Clovis, Calif.
* Tri-County ATV Recreation and Rescue Association - Heilwood, Pa.
Yamaha is actively seeking qualified projects at local, state and federal levels. To date, projects have been funded in 36 states across the country; click here to see a map of GRANT projects. The current OHV Access Initiative GRANT application form and guidelines guidelines,
n.pl a set of standards, criteria, or specifications to be used or followed in the performance of certain tasks. are available online at www.yamahaohvaccess.com. The deadline to submit an application for consideration in the third quarter GRANT funding cycle for 2012 is September 29, 2012.
The remaining 2012 calendar for GRANT application submission and review deadlines is as follows:
Submission Schedule (Approval Deadline)
* July 1 - September 29, 2012 (October 31, 2012)
* October 1 - November 30, 2012 (January 11, 2013)
About the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative
The Yamaha OHV Access Initiative is the industry leader in Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nation's Trails (GRANTs). Through this program, Yamaha has directly and indirectly supported thousands of miles of trails, maintained and rehabilitated countless riding areas, improved staging areas, built bridges over fish-bearing streams and partnered with local riding communities across the country to improve the OHV experience.
Each quarter, Yamaha accepts applications from non-profit or tax-exempt organizations including OHV riding clubs and associations, national, state and local public land use agencies and other members of the OHV community in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. . A committee then reviews each application and awards GRANTs to deserving de·serv·ing
Worthy, as of reward, praise, or aid.
de·serving·ly adv. projects.
Examples of appropriate projects for GRANTs include, but are not limited to:
* Trail development, restoration and maintenance
* Trail signage and map production
* Staging area staging area
A place where troops or equipment in transit are assembled and processed, as before a military operation.
Noun 1. construction, renovation and maintenance
* Land stewardship, trail safety and education
Updated guidelines, an application form and information on the OHV Access Initiative are available here. For specific questions about the OHV Access Initiative, call Yamaha's dedicated OHV Access Initiative Hotline at 1-877-OHV-TRAIL (877-648-8724), email OHVAccess@yamaha-motor.com or write to: Yamaha OHV Access Initiative Review Committee, 6555 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630-5101.
About Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports market, makes the toughest, most capable and versatile ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles. The company's ever-expanding product offerings also include motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States.
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Van Holmes Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A. (714) 761-7370 email@example.com
SOURCE Yamaha Motor Corp.