YADAYADA/555-1212.COM PROVIDE PDA DIRECTORY ASSISTANT.
YadaYada Inc., the first fully integrated wireless service provider and personalized mobile Web portal See portal. for Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), and 555-1212.com, a provider of global communication services on the wired and wireless Internet, has launched the "YadaYada Directory Assistant". The product allows YadaYada subscribers to access free directory lookup services to find people, businesses, area codes, and country codes from wherever they are.
"YadaYada provides mobile users with the most actionable information at the touch of a button," said David Behin, director of content at YadaYada, "Giving YadaYada users the ability to look up people, businesses, phone numbers and addresses is key in delivering useful content. We chose to partner with 555-1212.com because they have the most accurate and up-to-date information."
"Wireless Internet users lack both the time and choices to surf different sites, so they stick with the most reliable site that provides relevant information with the minimum amount of effort," said Tuncay Cil, director of mobile business at 555-1212.com. "555-1212.com provides the most reliable directory assistance service and is the choice of many leading mobile portals in the U.S."
Advantages of the YadaYada Directory Assistant over traditional voice-based directory assistance include:
- Anywhere, anytime lookup of directory information through a wireless PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) A handheld computer for managing contacts, appointments and tasks. It typically includes a name and address database, calendar, to-do list and note taker, which are the functions in a personal information manager (see PIM).
- Reverse number and address look-ups
- Statewide searches
- Returns results even if the user inputs partial names or addresses
YadaYada Inc. is the first fully integrated Mobile Web Portal and wireless Internet access See how to access the Internet. platform providing mobile applications, content and wireless connectivity for PDAs. YadaYada is building the largest business and consumer Mobile Web Portal for PDAs. YadaYada customers are able to personalize the Mobile Web Portal on their existing desktop computer and access it through their wireless PDA. The YadaYada Mobile Web Portal and Internet access platform allows business professionals and consumers to access any HTML-created Web site and maintain a universally synchronized syn·chro·nize
v. syn·chro·nized, syn·chro·niz·ing, syn·chro·niz·es
1. To occur at the same time; be simultaneous.
2. To operate in unison.
1. personal information manager (PIM (1) (Protocol Independent Multicast) A multicast routing protocol endorsed by the IETF. Used in conjunction with an existing unicast routing protocol, it comes in two flavors: Dense Mode (PIM-DM) is used when recipients in the target group are in a concentrated ) with applications such as address book, calendar, to-do list and email from multiple existing accounts. The company was founded in 1999 and currently has offices in New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. , San Diego San Diego (săn dēā`gō), city (1990 pop. 1,110,549), seat of San Diego co., S Calif., on San Diego Bay; inc. 1850. San Diego includes the unincorporated communities of La Jolla and Spring Valley. Coronado is across the bay. and Birmingham, AL. YadaYada can be reached at www.yadayada.com or 212-645-7700.
To order YadaYada Wireless Service, call 1-800-YadaYada.
555-1212.com is the leading provider of directory information on the Web, providing the most accurate and up-to-date nationwide business and residential listings, area codes, zip codes and country codes. 555-1212.com Mobile is the directory information provider of choice for leading wireless portals and carriers.
Founded in 1998, 555-1212.com is a privately held Media Metrix 500 company, serving approximately one million unique users and 25 million page reviews per month. Yahoo! Internet Life Yahoo! Internet Life was a monthly magazine published by Ziff-Davis, which licensed the name from Yahoo!, a well known search engine website. It was created and launched by Barry Golson, the former executive editor of Playboy and TV guide. magazine ranked 555-1212.com as one of "The 10 Most Supremely Useful Sites" on the Web in July 2000. 555-1212.com is based in San Francisco San Francisco (săn frănsĭs`kō), city (1990 pop. 723,959), coextensive with San Francisco co., W Calif., on the tip of a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay, which are connected by the strait known as the Golden .