World-Class Security System to Help Revive Port Richmond Area Manufacturing Industry.Neighborhood Industrial Organizations, MAP & PRIDE, Install State-of-the-Art Surveillance to Heighten height·en
v. height·ened, height·en·ing, height·ens
1. To raise or increase the quantity or degree of; intensify.
2. To make high or higher; raise.
v.intr. Security, Promote Safer Workforce Environment
PHILADLEPHIA -- The Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia (MAP), and PRIDE (Port Richmond Port Richmond can refer to:
For example, revival is the act of renewing the legal force of a contract or debt, either by acknowledging it or by giving a new promise, when the contract or debt is no longer a sufficient foundation for a lawsuit because it is barred by the running of the Statute Philadelphia's once-thriving manufacturing industry. The system offers the latest technology in "smart cameras," and includes a wide range of scan, tilt, zoom To change from a distant view to a more close-up view (zoom in) and vice versa (zoom out). An application may provide fixed or variable levels of zoom. A display adapter may also have built-in zoom capability. , and automated threat detection features to record criminal behavior for use in identifying and arresting perpetrators.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. MAP President, Stephen F. Jurash, "This advanced system will create a significant crime deterrent de·ter·rent
Tending to deter: deterrent weapons.
1. Something that deters: a deterrent to theft.
2. in the Port Richmond area. Criminals need to know they are now being watched and targeted. These records will be used to prosecute To follow through; to commence and continue an action or judicial proceeding to its ultimate conclusion. To proceed against a defendant by charging that person with a crime and bringing him or her to trial. offenders to the fullest extent.
"Over the past few decades," he added, "increased crime has contributed significantly to the loss of manufacturing jobs, from about 250,000 to about 60,000 today. Aside from the obvious economic impact, this has caused difficulties for the community. When a company closed or moved, sometimes hundreds found themselves unemployed and unable to replace their relatively high paying manufacturing jobs. By taking control of this issue, we anticipate that the safety enhancements and improved community spirit will help to attract and retain workforce levels that had been the hallmark hallmark, mark impressed on silverwork or goldwork to signify official approval of the standard of purity of the metal, also called plate mark. The hallmark was introduced by statute in England in 1300 and enforced by the Goldsmiths' Hall, London. of the area."
PRIDE is an organization of industrial landowners and a member of the Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia. These owners work together to improve the quality of the environment within PRIDE, which manages an area located between Aramingo and Frankford Avenues and between Allegheny and Castor Avenues.
The Port Richmond surveillance system:
* Is strategically placed, dynamic and remotely operated
* Has on-camera motion detection capabilities
* Can crop out unwanted portions of a scene to protect privacy
* Allows for variable resolution recording and transmission
* Offers high resolution recording that provides exceptional detail for forensic analysis
* Features two-way audio
* Can be viewed by police while approaching a suspected crime scene
About the Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia:
The Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia is a trade organization created to give voice to the owners and employees of this important sector of Philadelphia's economy.
For more information on the Urban Industry Initiative, please call (215) 683-2144 or visit www.uiiphilly.org.