Wolters Kluwer Health Launches Mobile Clin-eguide for "On the Go" Clinical Decision Support.Point-of-Care Information Powered by the Unbound unbound
said of electrolytes, e.g. iron and calcium, and other substances which are circulating in the bloodstream and are not bound to plasma proteins so that they are available immediately for metabolic processes. See also calcium, iron. [TM] Platform
MINNEAPOLIS & CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Wolters Kluwer Wolters Kluwer N.V. (Euronext: WKL) is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory, and education sectors. Health, a leading global provider of information for health care professionals and students, and Unbound Medicine, a leader in knowledge management solutions and mobile information resources (1) The data and information assets of an organization, department or unit. See data administration.
(2) Another name for the Information Systems (IS) or Information Technology (IT) department. See IT. for health care, announced today that Mobile Clin-eguide, a version of its online clinical decision support tool powered by the Unbound[TM] Platform, is now available to IP-authenticated Clin-eguide subscribers for "on the go" and point of care use on Palm OS, Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. , Blackberry blackberry, name for several species of thorny plants of the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae (rose family). See bramble.
blackberry , and iPhone devices.
The Unbound[TM] Platform from Unbound Medicine, a leader in knowledge management solutions and mobile information resources for health care, is a powerful knowledge management platform that supports end-to-end digital publishing activities from content creation through multi-platform electronic delivery. For publishers, the Unbound Platform facilitates streamlined creation of modular content via distributed author networks. For users, the Unbound Platform delivers content where and when it is needed--to personal digital assistants (PDAs), the Web, or wireless devices.
Clin-eguide provides accurate, evidence-based information for health care providers in the clinical setting. It integrates trusted content from Wolters Kluwer brands like Ovid, Facts & Comparisons[R], and Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, as well as other premier publishers.
Through Mobile Clin-eguide, users of Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and iPhone now have even faster, easier access to a wealth of clinical decision support resources, including:
* Clin-eguide Evidence-based Guidelines guidelines,
n.pl a set of standards, criteria, or specifications to be used or followed in the performance of certain tasks. - covering the more than 300 diseases that account for up to 80% of inpatient inpatient /in·pa·tient/ (in´pa-shent) a patient who comes to a hospital or other health care facility for diagnosis or treatment that requires an overnight stay.
n. hospital admissions
* 5-Minute Clinical Consult - to-the-point guidance for the diagnosis and management of more than 700 medical conditions See carpal tunnel syndrome, computer vision syndrome, dry eyes and deep vein thrombosis.
* 5-Minute Pediatric pediatric /pe·di·at·ric/ (pe?de-at´rik) pertaining to the health of children.
Of or relating to pediatrics. Consult - immediate, practical advice on over 450 medical problems seen in infants, children, and adolescents
* A-Z Drug Facts - integrated drug information reference that combines successful drug therapy protocols with patient care considerations
* Drug Interaction Facts - drug-drug and drug-food interaction information, including detailed significance ratings, onset, severity ratings, documented effects, mechanisms, and management options
"Our clinical solutions are designed around providing health care practitioners with timely, accurate and clinically-relevant information during the decision-making process," said Arvind Subramanian, President and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. , Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions. "Mobile Clin-eguide provides physicians, nurses and pharmacists This is a list of notable pharmacists.
"Putting up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines in the hands of busy clinicians is vital to reducing medical errors and improving health care quality, said Bill Detmer, MD, CEO of Unbound Medicine. "Mobile Clin-eguide optimized by our powerful handheld and wireless platform will help physicians and nurses answer critical questions as they arise in everyday practice."
About Wolters Kluwer Health
Wolters Kluwer Health (Conshohocken, PA), a division of Wolters Kluwer, is a leading provider of information and business intelligence for students, professionals and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy pharmacy, art of compounding and dispensing drugs and medication. The term is also applied to an establishment used for such purposes. Until modern times medication was prepared and dispensed by the physician himself. In the 18th cent. and the pharmaceutical industry. Major brands include traditional publishers of medical and drug reference tools and textbooks, such as Lippincott Williams & Wilkins and Facts & Comparisons([R]); electronic information providers, such as Ovid, Medi-Span([R]) and ProVation([R]); and pharmaceutical information providers such as Adis International and Source([R]). Wolters Kluwer Health has annual revenues (2007) of $1,044 million (EU761 million) and employs approximately 2,700 employees globally. For more information, visit www.WKHealth.com.
About Unbound Medicine
Unbound Medicine, Inc. (www.unboundmedicine.com) develops next-generation knowledge management systems for healthcare. The company's handheld, wireless, and Web-based technology platform and its information architecture services provide healthcare professionals with advanced systems for acquiring, managing, and sharing knowledge.