Widen Provides Industry Resource to MATC's Tools for Tomorrow: Women in Trades and Technology.MADISON, Wis. -- Widen Enterprises, a Madison, Wisconsin-based premedia and software as a service provider, has partnered with Madison Area Technical College “MATC” redirects here. For other uses, see MATC.
Madison Area Technical College is the technical and community college for the Madison, Wisconsin area. It is among the largest of the 16 schools in the Wisconsin Technical College System, educating about 44,000 people (MATC MATC Madison Area Technical College
MATC Milwaukee Area Technical College
MATC Mellon Awards for Technology Collaboration
MATC Maine Appalachian Trail Club
MATC Mid-America Transportation Center
MATC Mini-Armored Troop Carrier
MATC Maine Antique Tractor Club ) in assisting in the education of non-traditional female students in prepress technical careers. As part of MATC's Tools for Tomorrow: Women in Trades and Technology Program, Widen has already welcomed three women to its Madison facility to learn about career opportunities within the prepress industry.
The Tools for Tomorrow Program encourages women to consider a vocation in the fields of high-skill construction, or industrial and technical fields, and then offers a network of services and education related to those industries. Widen's more than sixty years as a leader in software technology, prepress and color industries provides an invaluable glimpse at technical careers in this sector. By offering a full day of job shadowing, Widen's prepress professionals provide a first-hand perspective of the industry and helps women to network with other women interested in entering the field.
Students enrolled in the program got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Widen facility and spent several hours rotating ro·tate
v. ro·tat·ed, ro·tat·ing, ro·tates
1. To turn around on an axis or center.
2. between three distinct production and prepress areas, learning about the specific responsibilities of each operation.
* In the Production Art department, students learned about reviewing paperwork, project requirements, creating templates, marketing and design implications, and quality control processes.
* In the Digital Sampling department, students were shown Widen's involvement and responsibilities to clients like Reebok Ree´bok`
n. 1. (Zool.) The peele. , and learned about workflow from initial capture to neutralization neutralization, chemical reaction, according to the Arrhenius theory of acids and bases, in which a water solution of acid is mixed with a water solution of base to form a salt and water; this reaction is complete only if the resulting solution has neither acidic nor and team-specific colorization col·or·i·za·tion
A computer-assisted process by which color is imparted to black-and-white film. and graphic application.
* Finally, in the Color department, students saw a demonstration of high-end color retouching and color correction Altering the colors in an image in order to print or display it properly or for special effects. Depending on the application, color correction can be a significant problem if the resulting image must be approved or a purchase is made because of color choice. , and saw a variety of ways images are manipulated for web and print.
Nancy Nakkoul, Program Coordinator at MATC says, "This type of opportunity gets students thinking beyond the classroom and allows them to envision themselves working in a particular industry. Thanks to companies like Widen, these women get an up-close and personal look at the variety of jobs available in the prepress industry."
Widen Enterprises has been a valuable graphic communications resource to corporations with large marketing operations for 60 years. In addition to its software as a service resources, Widen offers a wide range of premedia services to help companies produce consistent, high quality marketing communications Marketing communications (or marcom) are messages and related media used to communicate with a market. Those who practice advertising, branding, direct marketing, graphic design, marketing, packaging, promotion, publicity, sponsorship, public relations, sales, sales .