Why WiFi? Productivity and convenience.Professional research firm InsightExpress recently released an interesting report regarding the adoption of WiFi See Wi-Fi. . The report concluded that according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a lightning quick survey of 600 online Americans, 10% of online Americans are currently wirelessly connected.
The study also revealed that 61% of home WiFi users say that they are more productive since they've started using WiFi, while almost 38% say they actually work more since they've unwired Unwired is an Australian public company dedicated to building a nationwide, fixed wireless telecommunications network offering carrier grade Internet services. They currently provide coverage in Sydney and Melbourne. . The results are also encouraging for service companies. Of the WiFi users who have accessed a Hot Spot outside their home, 40% signal real opportunities for restaurants, hotels, and other public businesses to attract customers. Almost 45% of those who have accessed a public Hot Spot say they're more likely to patronize pa·tron·ize
tr.v. pa·tron·ized, pa·tron·iz·ing, pa·tron·iz·es
1. To act as a patron to; support or sponsor.
2. To go to as a customer, especially on a regular basis.
3. a business that offers WiFi. Business opportunities don't stop with public establishments, as 51% of Hot Spotters would choose an ISP (1) See in-system programmable.
(2) (Internet Service Provider) An organization that provides access to the Internet. Connection to the user is provided via dial-up, ISDN, cable, DSL and T1/T3 lines. with Hot Spot access over one without.
"Traditional businesses and ISPs have tremendous potential by attracting this group of early adopters," said Lee Smith, president and COO (Cell Of Origin) See mobile positioning. of InsightExpress. "Technology sales professionals and marketers of services will use research to understand how to gain customers by capturing the fast moving WiFi market before their competitors do."
Beyond productivity, users cite convenience as the biggest reason for unwiring with:
-70% WiFi users agreeing that it enables their computer to connect from anywhere in the house -61% Feel that it eliminates the need to run wires throughout the house -37% Think that WiFi technology is affordable -36% Feel that it enables my computer to connect while outside -25% I find the WiFi technology to be exciting -18% WiFi came with my new computer -17% My work computer has WiFi and I wanted to use it at home