Why Ghosts Stay Around after Their Death, and 5 Ways You Can Avoid Making the Same Mistake
Ghosts are people who, after their death, choose not to cross over to the Other Side, for various reasons Sometimes they''ve died a tragic death and they don''t recognize that they''re deadGhosts are people who, after their death, choose not to cross over to the Other Side, for various reasons. Sometimes they''ve died a tragic death and they don''t recognize that they''re dead. Other times they''re trying to work out unfinished business and on occasion they''re afraid they''ll experience judgment and punishment if they cross over - so they don''t. Unfortunately there are many ill-effects of this short-sighted decision.
Several things happen once you leave your body. First, very few people - other than a few psychics - can see, hear or interact with you. So your existence becomes very, very lonely. Second, after you die you can hear others'' thoughts and feel their feelings. This might be entertaining in the short term, but in the long term it''s demoralizing. (Think about the amount of greed, hatred and suffering in the world.) And third, your life is over at this point. There''s nothing left for you to do here and your life becomes empty and depressing, which is crazy-making.
Ghosts don''t consciously choose this miserable life, no more than the living consciously choose to live tragic and depressed lives. But, like the living, they end up in this sad existence because they haven''t faced the challenges and spiritual lessons of their lives. Here are 5 ways you can avoid making the same mistake with your life:
1. Face Your Fears - This may seem easier said than done, but ultimately everyone has to face their fears. If you don''t they will, like a ghost, haunt you for the rest of your life. Unresolved fears have a way of re-presenting themselves in your life again and again until you learn how to face and overcome them. Every ghost I''ve ever met has tried to run from their greatest fears, to a futile end. Just remember, there is always an answer and a way through every challenge you face.
2. Seek Out Healing - If you''ve been abused, emotionally or physically, seek out healing. There are many wonderful resources available today that can offer real solutions and real healing. Most of the ghosts I''ve encountered were too afraid to seek out the healing they needed, and as they suffered in life, so they suffered in death. If you''ve been ''burned'' by therapists or support groups and are not willing to reach out, then consider my book All You''ve Ever Known to help you chart your own course into real healing (at the All You''ve Ever Known website ).
3. Resolve Your Conflicts - People who become ghosts have not found meaning in their experiences, particularly the challenging ones. They stay mired in the distress and the resentment and fail to find a path beyond it all. If you''re going to live a healthy life and interact with others, then regretfully, dealing with betrayal, disagreements, and ignorant and childish behavior is a part of life. You''ll find the serene, inner peace you''re looking for when you can find the spiritual reasons for the unpleasant events of your life as well as a way to evolve beyond them.
4. Learn to Let Go - Though it may not always look like it, as an empath I can tell you that life is hard for many, many people. We all experience pain, mistreatment, injustice, loss and inequity, and you have to find a way to resolve your hurts in order to create a happy and rewarding life. I''ve met several ghost brides who stayed on the earth long after their death because they couldn''t get past the betrayal and abandonment of being left at the altar. In order to heal and put the past behind you, you need to tap into Divine Guidance for direction and healing wisdom.
5. Strive to Learn and Evolve - Not once have I ever met a ghost who had invested their life bettering themselves. I''ve met several ghosts who lived very religious lives, but none who were serious about learning and evolving. Truly, they were simply too afraid.
Strive for spiritual and personal growth and you will have the one thing that ghosts do not - a connection with a Divine force that will guide you throughout your life and beyond. If you''d like to learn how you can successfully overcome your fears, find healing, resolve the conflicts of your life, learn to let go, then get connected with All You''ve Ever Known, a book that will help you to do all of these things and more. The website is listed below.
Melissa Van Rossum is an accomplished psychic, empath and author. Her life''s work is to help people realize their dreams by finding their Divine Guidance. Their Way Home shares stories of her encounters with ghosts, who searched her out to guide them home. To learn more, visit All You''ve Ever Known and Their Way Home.