What Are the Emerging Trends in the Tourism Sector in Singapore?
The "Opportunities in Singapore Tourism Industry (2007-2009)" report gives an in-depth analysis of the present scenario and future prospects of the Singapore tourism industry. It focuses on different parameters of Singapore tourisms industry including Inbound Tourism, Outbound tourism, Expenditure by Inbound tourists, expenditure by outbound tourists, accommodation facilities, transportation facilities, and medical tourism.
* Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines are important sources of tourism for Singapore. Beyond ASEAN, tourist arrivals from China and India will remain an important influence throughout the forecast period (2007-2011).
* The Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates, offer immense growth opportunities for Singapore tourism industry, with visitor arrivals up by 36.4% and 21.2% in the year 2006 in comparison to 2005.
* In the year 2011, per head inbound tourist expenditure is expected to rise by around 44% in comparison to 2006.
* Singapore has been promoting healthcare tourism, it is expected that the tourist arrival for the purpose of medical treatment will reach the mark of one Million by 2010.
* Youths are generally considered to be the adopters of new products and concepts. This provides the tourism industry with the opportunity to target the young age group as their potential customers. It is expected that the population aged between 15-64 years will constitute 77% of the total population by 2011.
* Increasing disposable income will definitely open the windows of opportunity for the outbound as well as domestic tourism. It is expected that Singaporean per head disposable income will increase with the CAGR of 4% for the period spanning from 2007-2011.
* Regional demand for travel will continue to be dominated by short trips by Singaporean traveller to take advantage of cheap shopping and resort facilities in other ASEAN countries. This trend will be supported by the growing popularity of low-cost carriers, which are being given access to the local market.
Key Issues and Facts Analysed
* How is the performance of Global tourism, Asia-Pacific tourism and ASEAN tourism Industry?
* What is the position of Singapore tourism industry with respect to the ASEAN tourism industry?
* What are the emerging trends in the Tourism sector in Singapore?
* What is the future Outlook of the Tourism industry in Singapore in terms of Inbound Tourism, Outbound tourism, Expenditure by Inbound tourists, expenditure by outbound tourists?
* What are the Key driving forces in the Singaporean tourism industry?
* What opportunities exist for the Tourism industry?
* What Challenges are faced by the industry?
* Who are the major players in the Singaporean tourism industry?
* How is the market affected by other factors prevailing in the economy?
Key Players Analysed
This section covers the key facts about players currently operating in the Singapore tourism industry including, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, PT Garuda, Qantas Airways Ltd, Thai Airways International Plc, Shangri-la Hotel, Prime Travel & Tour, and WTS Travel & Tours.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Analysis using software tools, Judgmental Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.
Topics Covered 1. Analyst View 2. Research Overview 3. Industry Overview 3.1 Global Tourism - Current Scenario 3.2 Global Tourism - By Regional Segmentation 3.3 Asia-Pacific Tourism 3.4 ASEAN Tourism 3.5 ASEAN Tourism - By Regional Segmentation 4. Singapore Tourism - Performance Indicators 4.1 Tourists Arrival 4.2 Expenditure - By Inbound Tourists 4.3 Outbound Departure 4.4 Expenditure - By Outbound Tourists 4.5 Accommodation 4.6 Transportation 4.7 Medical Tourism 5. Industry Performance 5.1 Drivers 5.2 Opportunities 5.3 Challenges 6. Key Players 6.1 Singapore Airlines 6.2 Cathay Pacific 6.3 PT Garuda 6.4 Qantas Airways Ltd. 6.5 Thai Airways International Plc 6.6 Shangri-la Hotel 6.7 Prime Travel & Tour 6.8 WTS Travel & Tours 7. Appendices 7.1 Tourism Development Assistance Scheme 7.2 Double Tax Deduction Scheme for Inbound Tourism Overseas Promotion Trips 7.3 Double Tax Deduction for Local Trade Exhibitions Tables Figures Companies Mentioned - Singapore Airlines - Cathay Pacific - PT Garuda - Qantas Airways Ltd. - Thai Airways International Plc - Shangri-la Hotel - Prime Travel & Tour - WTS Travel & Tours
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c56521
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 14, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Chiyoda: Continued Positive Financial Results for FY 2007.|
|Next Article:||Snapshots Hong Kong Insurance 2007 Provides 2005 Year-End Market Size Data, With 2006 Estimates, 4 Years Of Historical Data And Five-Year Forecasts.|