What Are the Emerging Trends in the Tourism Sector in Singapore?
DUBLIN, Ireland -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c56521) has announced the addition of Opportunities in Singapore Tourism Industry (2007-2009) to their offering.
The "Opportunities in Singapore Tourism Industry (2007-2009)" report gives an in-depth analysis of the present scenario and future prospects of the Singapore tourism industry. It focuses on different parameters of Singapore tourisms industry including Inbound in·bound 1
Bound inward; incoming: inbound commuter traffic.
Adj. 1. inbound Tourism, Outbound tourism, Expenditure by Inbound tourists, expenditure by outbound tourists, accommodation facilities, transportation facilities, and medical tourism.
* Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines are important sources of tourism for Singapore. Beyond ASEAN ASEAN: see Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
in full Association of Southeast Asian Nations
International organization established by the governments of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand in , tourist arrivals from China and India will remain an important influence throughout the forecast period (2007-2011).
* The Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia (sä`dē ərā`bēə, sou`–, sô–), officially Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, kingdom (2005 est. pop. and United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates, federation of sheikhdoms (2005 est. pop. 2,563,000), c.30,000 sq mi (77,700 sq km), SE Arabia, on the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. , offer immense growth opportunities for Singapore tourism industry, with visitor arrivals up by 36.4% and 21.2% in the year 2006 in comparison to 2005.
* In the year 2011, per head inbound tourist expenditure is expected to rise by around 44% in comparison to 2006.
* Singapore has been promoting healthcare tourism, it is expected that the tourist arrival for the purpose of medical treatment will reach the mark of one Million by 2010.
* Youths are generally considered to be the adopters of new products and concepts. This provides the tourism industry with the opportunity to target the young age group as their potential customers. It is expected that the population aged between 15-64 years will constitute 77% of the total population by 2011.
* Increasing disposable income disposable income
Portion of an individual's income over which the recipient has complete discretion. To assess disposable income, it is necessary to determine total income, including not only wages and salaries, interest and dividend payments, and business profits, but also will definitely open the windows of opportunity for the outbound as well as domestic tourism. It is expected that Singaporean per head disposable income will increase with the CAGR CAGR
See: Compound Annual Growth Rate of 4% for the period spanning from 2007-2011.
* Regional demand for travel will continue to be dominated by short trips by Singaporean traveller to take advantage of cheap shopping and resort facilities in other ASEAN countries. This trend will be supported by the growing popularity of low-cost carriers A low-cost carrier or low-cost airline (also known as a no-frills or discount carrier / airline) is an airline that offers generally low fares in exchange for eliminating many traditional passenger services. , which are being given access to the local market.
Key Issues and Facts Analysed
* How is the performance of Global tourism, Asia-Pacific tourism and ASEAN tourism Industry?
* What is the position of Singapore tourism industry with respect to the ASEAN tourism industry?
* What are the emerging trends in the Tourism sector in Singapore?
* What is the future Outlook of the Tourism industry in Singapore in terms of Inbound Tourism, Outbound tourism, Expenditure by Inbound tourists, expenditure by outbound tourists?
* What are the Key driving forces in the Singaporean tourism industry?
* What opportunities exist for the Tourism industry?
* What Challenges are faced by the industry?
* Who are the major players in the Singaporean tourism industry?
* How is the market affected by other factors prevailing in the economy?
Key Players Analysed
This section covers the key facts about players currently operating in the Singapore tourism industry including, Singapore Airlines This article or section is written like an .
Please help [ rewrite this article] from a neutral point of view.
Mark blatant advertising for , using . , Cathay Pacific Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (HKSE: 0293 ) is an airline based in Hong Kong, operating scheduled passenger and cargo services to over 104 destinations worldwide. It is the flag carrier of Hong Kong with its main base at the Hong Kong International Airport. . , PT Garuda, Qantas Airways airways Anatomy The 'pipes'–trachea, bronchi, bronchioles–through which air passes to and from the alveoli. See Small airways. Ltd, Thai Airways International Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (Thai: การบินไทย) (SET: THAI) is the national air carrier of Thailand, operating out of Suvarnabhumi Airport, and is a founding member of Plc, Shangri-la Hotel, Prime Travel & Tour, and WTS See Windows Terminal Server. Travel & Tours.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from namely, books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include the following: Ratio Analysis, Historical Trend Analysis, Linear Regression Linear regression
A statistical technique for fitting a straight line to a set of data points. Analysis using software tools, Judgmental judg·men·tal
1. Of, relating to, or dependent on judgment: a judgmental error.
2. Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones: Forecasting and Cause and Effect Analysis.
Topics Covered 1. Analyst View 2. Research Overview 3. Industry Overview 3.1 Global Tourism - Current Scenario 3.2 Global Tourism - By Regional Segmentation 3.3 Asia-Pacific Tourism 3.4 ASEAN Tourism 3.5 ASEAN Tourism - By Regional Segmentation 4. Singapore Tourism - Performance Indicators 4.1 Tourists Arrival 4.2 Expenditure - By Inbound Tourists 4.3 Outbound Departure 4.4 Expenditure - By Outbound Tourists 4.5 Accommodation 4.6 Transportation 4.7 Medical Tourism 5. Industry Performance 5.1 Drivers 5.2 Opportunities 5.3 Challenges 6. Key Players 6.1 Singapore Airlines 6.2 Cathay Pacific 6.3 PT Garuda 6.4 Qantas Airways Ltd. 6.5 Thai Airways International Plc 6.6 Shangri-la Hotel 6.7 Prime Travel & Tour 6.8 WTS Travel & Tours 7. Appendices 7.1 Tourism Development Assistance Scheme 7.2 Double Tax Deduction Scheme for Inbound Tourism Overseas Promotion Trips 7.3 Double Tax Deduction for Local Trade Exhibitions Tables Figures Companies Mentioned - Singapore Airlines - Cathay Pacific - PT Garuda - Qantas Airways Ltd. - Thai Airways International Plc - Shangri-la Hotel - Prime Travel & Tour - WTS Travel & Tours
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c56521