What's your friendship groove? A great listener? The perfect play pal? Advice is your middle name? Take this quiz to peg your bonafide friendship personality!Air, water, food and ... friends? Yep, BFFs are a basic necessity! And one of the awesome things about friends is that they all fill very different roles. Some are your laugh-til-you-cry pals, and others are your rock-solid "everything's gonna be all right" sistahs. But no matter what their role is, they're all as essential to you as milk is to an Oreo. Find out what kind of friend you are to your cookies!
1. Which celeb ce·leb
A celebrity. do you think would be most like you as a friend? A) Alexis Bledel. She just seems really together. B) Raven. Loads of fun! C) Amanda Bynes. She's the man--she'd totally have your back. D) Reese Witherspoon. She's so inspiring.
2. Your friend just saw her boyfriend lockin' lips behind the bleachers with your school's very own Jessica Simpson look-alike. Needless to say, she's thoroughly destroyed. You: A) Talk to her about going for a guy with better qualities--uh, like morals. B) Take her shoe-shopping. Retail therapy! C) Let her sob it out with you for as long as it takes. D) Tell her he's a loser with a capital L!
3. If you had to explain why you're such a fab bud, you'd say: A) I know how to get this party started!" B) "I'm my pals' personal pep squad A pep squad is a group of students, typically girls, who cheer during school events. Pep squads are found in in high schools, middle schools and sometimes, elementary schools. The pep squad's main duty is to promote school spirit. ." C) "I can always make time for some one-on-one." D) "Got a prob? I'm your gal."
4. You just got dumped by the boy of your dreams, You: A) Get the gals together for Haagen-Daz! B) Screen your calls. You need time to absorb this one--alone. C) Put your pals on the prowl for a replacement. D) Ask yourself what you'd advise your BFF BFF Best Friends Forever (chat)
BFF Best Foot Forward
BFF Ben Folds Five (band)
BFF Born Free Foundation
BFF Binary File Format
BFF Boston Film Festival
BFF Biotech Finance Forum in the same sitch, then do it.
5. To you, the absolute best party is: A) A sleepover. Truth or Dare!?! B) Totally spontaneous. C) Intimate. BFFs only. D) A two-team scavenger hunt scavenger hunt
A game in which individuals or teams try to locate and bring back miscellaneous items on a list. .
6. Your BFF calls, sobbing. Her parents have taken her computer privileges for two weeks for something her bratty brat·ty
adj. brat·ti·er, brat·ti·est
Characteristic of or being a brat; ill-mannered.
bratti·ness n. sister did. You: A) Go straight to her place, and let her vent. B) Figure out a plan of action to prove that Sis is guilty as sin! C) Get her stoked stoked
1. Exhilarated or excited.
2. Being or feeling high or intoxicated, especially from a drug. to dial the rest of the gang for a girls' night. Who needs e-mail? D) Help her write a letter explaining the real deal to her 'rents.
7. Yesss! Your algebra teacher didn't show, and you get the entire hour to do whatever you want in class. You: A) Turn it into a chat session. B) Plow through to execute a difficult or laborious task steadily, esp. one containing many parts; as, he plowed through the stack of correspondence until all had been answered.
See also: Plow your homework. C) Plan your weekend. D) Get the whole class to participate in a monster game of charades.
8. Your bud talks about her crush 24/7/365. Bo-ring! You: A) Only hang out with her at the arcade or food court, where all the loud noise drowns out her endless pining. B) Lend her your ear whenever she needs to talk about it--even though it drives you absolutely bonkers. C) Help her plot out a strategy for nabbing his attention. D) Talk to her about zipping it.
9. Your friend has been itching to land the lead in this semester's musical. She's flat-out determined to nail this. You: A) Get her razzed about her natural talent. B) Rehearse lines with her. C) Suggest she consider taking some drama classes outside of school. D) Can't wait for the cast-n-crew party.
10. You and your BFF go stag to a dance, and you're having a blast. But your BFF isn't digging it and wants to bolt. You: A) Leave with her--that's what friends do. B) Make a request for the DJ to play her lave Nelly Furtado tune. C) Talk her into sticking around. D) Hope she doesn't care if you stay and rock.
ADD 'EM UP Add 'em Up was a pricing game on the American television game show, The Price Is Right. Played from September 11, 1986 to October 3, 1988, it was played for a car with a four-digit price. TO FIND OUT YOUR FRIENDSHIP STYLE!
1. a) 4 b) 1 c) 2 d) 3
2. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
3. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
4. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
5. a) 4 b) 1 c) 2 d) 3
6. a) 3 b) 4 c) 1 d) 2
7. a) 4 b) 2 c) 1 d) 3
8. a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
9. a) 2 b) 3 c) 4 d) 1
10. a) 2 b) 3 c) 4 d) 1
Just like that world-renowned advice-giver Dear Abby (and GL's own Dear Carol), you're the friend who is always there to help your buds come up with amazingly good solutions to their problems. You're clever, thoughtful, objective, fair, trustworthy and reliable. Friends swarm to you for words of wisdom, and you love dishing it out. While it's tempting to try to be Ms. Fix-It, refrain from doling out advice nobody asked you for. Also, be sure your friends don't tire you out by leaning on you too much. Friendships are about give and take, so make sure they're just as there for you as you are for them. You deserve it!
LOYAL LONER loner Psychiatry A single young man estranged from society and family, who suffers from psychogenic pain, and tends to live 'on the edge', vacillating between aggression and depression; loners often have unrealistic goals, but are unable to work towards those goals
Give me an F! Give me an R! Give me an I ... Well, you get the picture. You, my friend, are a major motivator. If a pal is in a funk, you're the first one to step in and cast a spotlight on the positive side of things. If she's totally procrastinating about something, she can count on you to get her off her tush tush
canine tooth in a horse. . People love to be around you, because you're usually so optimistic and enthusiastic about life. And even when you do get bummed--as we all do--you never stay down for long. You love seeing your friends do well and always try to inspire them to greatness. The only tough thing is that you will sometimes attract people who just want to suck up to draw into the mouth; to draw up by suction or absorption.
See also: Suck that glorious ray of light that is you. So be sure to save your energy only for those you love, including yourself!
Although you're a totally true and appreciated friend, your fave fave Informal
One that is preferred above others or likely to win; a favorite.
[Short for favorite.] thing is to be alone or just hang with one bud at a time. Why? Because you like to give your full, undivided attention to whomever whom·ev·er
The objective case of whoever. See Usage Note at who.
the objective form of whoever: you are with. In fact, you find it tough to deal with a roomful of friends, because you're just so low-key. You are a thinker, a great listener, very independent and super-focused. Your conversations usually tend to go deep, because too much fluff is a big snore snore (snor)
1. rough, noisy breathing during sleep, due to vibration of the uvula and soft palate.
2. to produce such sounds during sleep.
v. to you. Your friends may not get to see you often, though, since you really do cherish your solo time. But they love you as a friend, since you accept them for who they are and inspire them to really ponder issues. You are probably an artist--maybe a writer, painter or musician--and can spend hours entertaining yourself. Still, when a friend is in need, you are so totally there for her, sistah!
You kind of knew this about yourself before you took this quiz, didn't ya? You're the party girl, the rebel rouser--always fun to be with and always up for a rockin' good time. While other friends choose to sit in silence or in front of the tube when they're kinda blue, you, oh-wild-one, crank up the AC/DC AC/DC
Having a bisexual orientation.
[From the likening of a bisexual person to an appliance that works on either alternating or direct current. and dive headfirst head·first also head·fore·most
1. With the head leading; headlong: went headfirst down the stairs.
2. Impetuously; brashly. into the mesh pit. Although you truly love your friends, you like to keep things on a lighter level--deep, soul-bearing talks are definitely net your deal. When friends are looking for Looking for
In the context of general equities, this describing a buy interest in which a dealer is asked to offer stock, often involving a capital commitment. Antithesis of in touch with. a fab time, they're like moths to your flame. You are totally lovable but recognize that if a friend is looking for a patient listener or someone who is totally reliable--that is, someone who won't get distracted every time she gets a whiff of a party--you may not be the first pal she seeks out.