Western Union Launches Enhanced Consumer Loyalty Prepaid Card Targeting 8 Million Western Union[R] Gold Card Members in the U.S.NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : WU), a global leader in money transfer services, announced today plans to enhance The Western Union[R] Gold Card, the company's global consumer loyalty program, with the convenience of a reloadable Visa[R] prepaid pre·pay
tr.v. pre·paid, pre·pay·ing, pre·pays
To pay or pay for beforehand.
pre·payment n. card1.
Western Union will selectively offer the program starting in July targeting 8 million Western Union Gold Card loyalty members in the U.S.
"Whether it's cash, account, or card based, our expanding global money-movement network provides consumers more ways to move money quickly to more places worldwide than any other business," said Stewart A. Stockdale, executive vice president and president, The Americas for Western Union.
"Designed to better serve the needs of our money-transfer send customer, the new and enhanced debit A monetary amount that is subtracted from an account balance. A debit from one account is a credit to another. See credit. prepaid Western Union Gold Card will help strengthen our relationship and value proposition among our most loyal customers, providing each with increased convenience, and smart and cost-effective ways to better manage their money in what is becoming a cash versus credit driven economy."
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a recent Western Union consumer survey one in four Americans say they are using cash more often than they have in the past; 88 percent say an important reason they use cash is to avoid high interest rates and fees charged by credit card companies; and 91 percent say it is important for them to use cash more often so they avoid building credit card debt Credit card debt is an example of unsecured consumer debt, accessed through ISO 7810 plastic credit cards.
Debt results when a client of a credit card company purchases an item or service through the card system. .
"The Western Union Gold Card prepaid card will now offer consumers the flexibility they need and want," concluded Stockdale.
The Western Union Gold Card Visa[R] Prepaid Card benefits:
* The Western Union Gold Card Visa Prepaid Card serves as both a loyalty program card and a Visa Prepaid Card
* The card can be reloaded
* Consumers save time and can earn valuable benefits, including discounts, when sending qualifying Western Union Money Transfer[R] and Quick Collect[R] transactions
* No monthly maintenance or purchase transaction fees, unlike other prepaid cards
* Cardholders can use the card anywhere Visa debit
The old Visa and Delta logos. cards are accepted including online and at ATMs2
* The Western Union Gold Card Visa Prepaid Card is protected by Visa's zero liability policy3 (details at usa.visa.com)
* If lost or stolen the consumer has the option to have the card replaced
* Access to account activity online
* SMS (1) (Storage Management System) Software used to routinely back up and archive files. See HSM.
(2) (Systems Management Server) Systems management software from Microsoft that runs on Windows NT Server. (texts) and email balance alert capabilities
Gold Card Benefits
* Western Union Gold Card members do not need to fill out money-transfer forms when sending money-transfers
* Gold Card member information is easily retrieved expediting transactions
* Members earn points to redeem redeem v. to buy back, as when an owner who had mortgaged his/her real property pays off the debt. The term also refers to paying the amount due and all charges after a foreclosure (due to failure to make payments when due) has begun. for rewards that include merchandise or money-transfer discounts
* Every transaction with a Gold Card earns free phone time
* The Western Union Gold Card also serves as a calling card, allowing the user to recharge re·charge
tr.v. re·charged, re·charg·ing, re·charg·es
To charge again, especially to reenergize a storage battery.
re phone time
* To enroll in The Western Union Gold Card program, consumers will need to call The Western Union Customer Service Center at 1-877-984-0469 for English or 1-877-984-0464 for Spanish
"In speaking to prepaid providers, Mercator Advisory Group has discovered that this difficult economy has significantly increased consumer acquisition and usage of these prepaid cards around the world," said Tim Sloane, vice president client services and director Prepaid Advisory Service for Mercator Advisory Group, the leading market research organization focused exclusively on payments.
"The opportunity for prepaid card providers is to deliver the services the customer wants in order to retain the cardholder card·hold·er
One who holds a card, especially a credit card.
cardhold . This represents a significant opportunity for Western Union to attract consumers through their loyalty Gold Card program, since Western Union knows who the customer is, what services they use, and what financial help they need. These are all the critical factors that are pre-requisites for designing and implementing creative prepaid products that deliver high value to cardholders."
Western Union recently launched an innovative Overnight Home Delivery service4 pilot featuring the new Western Union MoneyWise[TM] Visa prepaid debit card debit card, card that allows the cost of goods or services that are purchased to be deducted directly from the purchaser's checking account. They can also be used at automated teller machines for withdrawing cash from the user's checking account. designed to better meet the needs of money-transfer receive consumers.
The MoneyWise[TM] card is sent overnight via FedEx[R] so that it arrives at the recipient's door the next day and can be activated activated
a state of being more than usually active. In biological systems this is usually brought about by chemical or electrical means. Commonly said of pharmaceutical and chemical products. by the receiver with the Western Union Money Transfer Control Number. The card also is protected by the Visa[R] zero liability policy.
Together, the Western Union Gold Card and MoneyWise[TM] Visa prepaid cards offer both send and receive money-transfer consumers the ability to upload See download.
upload - /uhp'lohd/ To transfer programs or data over a digital communications link from a smaller or peripheral "client" system to a larger or central "host" one.
Opposite: download. money to a reloadable prepaid debit card with the flexibility to leveraging rewards and benefits to send and receive money transfers, and make retail, online or over the phone purchases anywhere the Visa card is accepted worldwide.
The survey, commissioned by Western Union and conducted by GfK Roper Public Affairs Those public information, command information, and community relations activities directed toward both the external and internal publics with interest in the Department of Defense. Also called PA. See also command information; community relations; public information. & Media polled 1,000 people 18 years old and older between May 21 and May 24, 2009.
1The Western Union[R] Gold Card Visa Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC FDIC
See: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
See Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
2ATM withdrawals are subject to a fee of $1 per use plus applicable ATM operator fees apply. ATM withdrawals limited to $500/day.
(3)Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.
4Overnight Home Delivery Service and MoneyWise[TM] Visa[R] Prepaid Cards not available to send to Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico (pwār`tō rē`kō), island (2005 est. pop. 3,917,000), 3,508 sq mi (9,086 sq km), West Indies, c.1,000 mi (1,610 km) SE of Miami, Fla. , Guam, U.S. military bases, and the Virgin Islands, The MoneyWise Visa prepaid card is subject to terms, conditions, restrictions and fees for use. Use of the card may be subject to user identification requirements and transaction and load limits.
MetaBank is a federally-chartered savings bank savings bank, financial institution that, until recently, performed only the following functions: receiving savings deposits of individuals, investing them, and providing a modest return to its depositors in the form of interest. regulated by the Office of Thrift Supervision The Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) was established as a bureau of the Treasury Department in August 1989 as part of a major Reorganization Plan of the thrift regulatory structure mandated by the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989 (FIRREA) (12 U.S.C.A. . Meta Financial Group, Inc.([R]) is the holding company for MetaBank, Meta Payment Systems([R]), and Meta Trust Company([R]). For more information, visit http://www.metacash.com.
About Western Union
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in the money transfer segment of global payments. Together with its Orlandi Valuta and Vigo branded money transfer services, Western Union provides consumers with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, as well as send payments and purchase money orders. It operates through a combined network of more than 379,000 Agent locations in more than 200 countries and territories. Famous for its pioneering telegraph services, the original Western Union dates back to 1851. For more information, visit www.westernunion.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5998911&lang=en.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Pfizer Updates CHANTIX [R] (varenicline) Labeling in the United States.|
|Next Article:||TechTarget Launches SearchEnterpriseWAN.com and SearchMidmarketSecurity.com.|