Webroot releases latest spyware report.INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2005 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD LTD 1 Laron-type dwarfism 2 Leukotriene D 3 Long-term depression, see there 4. Long-term disability
The latest State of Spyware report released by Webroot Software Webroot Software is a company that creates computer security software. Webroot's corporate headquarters is located in Boulder, Colorado, and the company was founded in 1997. They currently employ about 300 people worldwide. , an anti-spyware software developer, has revealed that spyware purveyors are developing new tactics to increase the spread of spyware.
Webroot revealed a significant increase in the number of corporate spyware incidents reported, with a 19% increase in the last quarter. It also stated that the spyware used to invade in·vade
v. in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing, in·vades
1. To enter by force in order to conquer or pillage.
2. a PC, avoid detection and removal and communicate data with third parties has become more sophisticated.
In addition, Webroot said that its Threat Research Team had determined that spyware writers are entering new markets and increasing their channels of distribution. The report claimed that the number of websites distributing spyware had quadrupled to 300,000 unique URLs since the start of the year, with spyware traces in its own spyware definition database having doubled to over 100,000 in the same period.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Webroot, spyware writers are driven by profit such as from keyloggers and pop-up ads and spyware developers are boosting profit margins by using new products, markets and channels of distribution. Most spyware is thought to come from the US, followed by Poland and the Netherlands, but US legislation and a proactive stance from businesses and consumers is said to be threatening the spyware business.
The full State of Spyware Report is available at http://www.webroot.com/sosreport.
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))