We're off! The Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) examination program went live on May 15, 2000. Thirteen people took the CDFM exam at the PDI in Philadelphia. What better way to mix business and pleasure!Certified See certification. Defense Financial Manager Program-Up and Running!
How have we done so far? From the inception of the program (Beta) to date, we have had 166 CDFMs. An initial list of CDFMs was published in a previous edition of the Armed Forces Comptroller with a few notable exceptions, for which we are heartily sorry. We will reprint reprint An individually bound copy of an article in a journal or science communication the names of all CDFMs in the next issue of the quarterly. In addition to those individuals who passed all three modules to become CDFMs, there are over 130 individuals who have passed one or more modules, so we have several individuals in the pipeline well on their way to becoming CDFMs.
A brief discussion of the other four hot buttons follows.
Studying for the CDFM CDFM Certified Defense Financial Manager
CDFM Computational Dynamic Fracture Mechanics (Dept of Aerospace Eng, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India) examination can be accomplished by reviewing the information presented in the CDFM Web page at asmconline.org. Click the CDFM program at the top left-hand corner. Five hot buttons will appear: Test Info, Training, Feedback, What's New, and SiteMap.
Click the Training button; there are five items to choose from:
* Self Study encompasses all reference material used in writing questions for the CDFM examination. It is organized into three modules to parallel the structure of the exam. Most references are hyperlinked to actual source documents to save you time in locating study material. To further ease your work, we cited pertinent sections of larger documents, such as Financial Management Regulations.
* Reference Guide is a compilation of all references used in writing the questions for the Certified Defense Financial Manager examination. This guide gives you, the financial manager preparing for the exam, the organizational tools and references needed to prepare in the most efficient manner possible. The reference guide is a Word document that can be downloaded to your printer free of cost.
* Group Study is an American Society of Military Comptrollers COMPTROLLERS. There are officers who bear this name, in the treasury depart @ment of the United States.
2. There are two comptrollers. It is the duty of the first to examine all accounts settled by the first and fifth auditors, and certify the balances arising (ASMC ASMC American Suzuki Motor Corporation
ASMC American Society of Military Comptrollers
ASMC Association of Sales & Marketing Companies
ASMC Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference
ASMC Area Support Medical Company
ASMC American Small Manufacturers Coalition ) chapter-based activity, whereby motivated chapters can contact National Headquarters and request support for chapter group study activities. ASMC National Headquarters will provide a three-hour presentation of the Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course in one-hour increments for each module. ASMC is training a small cadre (company) CADRE - The US software engineering vendor which merged with Bachman Information Systems to form Cayenne Software in July 1996. of experienced financial management professionals to offer this training to chapters free.
* Other Training Opportunities. The Department of Defense has many teaching institutions and courses to improve the professional qualifications of the financial management workforce. For your convenience, the major ones are displayed with links to their Web site.
* EDFMT EDFMT Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training (Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course) is an intensive, one-week financial management overview available without cost to the financial management Department of Defense workforce. It is offered on a rotating basis in locations convenient for Defense employees, both in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. and overseas. Licensed by the ASMC, this course offers an excellent overview of the interrelated in·ter·re·late
tr. & intr.v. in·ter·re·lat·ed, in·ter·re·lat·ing, in·ter·re·lates
To place in or come into mutual relationship.
in disciplines that compose the field of Defense financial management. It is also a good vehicle to use to begin your preparation for the CDFM examination. This section lists the Department of Defense schedule of classes for FY 2001, including the location (city or country) and date. Also, a point of contact (POC (Proof Of Concept) See PoC exploit.
POC - Point Of Contact ) is provided to assist employees in obtaining information on how to secure a space in one of the classes being offered close to their work location.
Testing Info contains a complete package of information should answer all your questions about the program and the examination.
Feedback is important to ASMC, and we have provided a Feedback button so that you can enter your comments.
The What's New area of the Web page is currently under construction and not "consturction." This area will contain current information in the field of financial management as it relates to the Defense financial management workforce.
The Site Map is a road map of where everything is on the Web page.
What Else Is Happening?
ASMC is investigating the possibility of having the EDFMTC repackaged and presented over the Internet. This will allow us to reach DoD personnel and ASMC members who are stationed at remote sires (both CONUS and OCONUS OCONUS Outside the Continental United States
OCONUS Outside Contiguous United States ).
Now that we have CDFMs, we need to find Continuing Professional Education (CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) Communications equipment that resides on the customer's premises.
CPE - Customer Premises Equipment ) opportunities for them. So keep your eyes on the CDFM Web site for CPE opportunities--at the lowest cost we can negotiate! Also, keep your eyes open for opportunities at the chapter level. We'll be happy to list any worthwhile opportunity you care to send us.