Victorian Cast Iron Radiator Sets the Perfect Finish to Period Style Rooms
Creating period interiors in your home can be a rewarding task. Victorian cast iron radiator sets can be the perfect way to finish rooms and create a really authentic feel.Creating period interiors in your home can be a rewarding task. Victorian cast iron radiator sets can be the perfect way to finish rooms and create a really authentic feel.
There is a charm and elegance to the period style that can complement all kinds of homes. You don't have to own an old property to enjoy the period look. There are many furnishing and fixtures out there offering you a period charm to your rooms including stunning Victorian cast iron radiator sets.
The problem with creating period interiors in a modern home is that many of the fixtures and fittings can spoil the finish. Modern light switches, ceiling roses, fireplace surrounds and radiators can detract from the period feel you are trying to create:
- In particular conventional radiators can look very out of place in a period interior.
- Fortunately you can buy Victorian cast iron radiator sets that will help you to create the perfect finish for period interiors.
- The wonderful thing about Victorian cast iron radiators is that they look great in any home. The skill of their engineering shines through and creates a functional object that is also very beautiful.
- You can install Victorian cast iron radiator sets into all kinds of interiors from period properties right through to minimalist modern homes.
- If authenticity is your main concern then original antique Victorian radiators are widely available. They were stripped from many period properties during the 20th century to make way for modern heating systems.
- The providence of Victorian cast iron radiator sets can often be very interesting. Many are sourced from country manor houses, large period townhouses, prominent industrial buildings and so on.
The great thing about Victorian cast iron radiators is that these days you buy brand new reproduction sets. This means you do not have to spend a lot of money on original antiques (that might not be in the best condition). With new Victorian cast iron radiator sets you will have the protection of a manufacturers warrantee. This will give you peace of mind as the warrantee will cover you for any faulty radiators.
- It is a good idea to get your reproduction radiators fitted by professional heating engineers.
- If these radiators are knocked or dropped then they can develop cracks. This can lead to leaks and you would have to replace the radiator.
- These radiators can be difficult to fit as they are heavy and bulky. It may also be necessary to adjust certain parts of your existing heating system (such as the boiler) when installing cast iron radiators.
- Heating engineers will also be able to advise you on how many radiators you need to fit and what sizes are appropriate for your rooms.
- This will help to make sure your cast iron radiator system not only looks great but also heats your home effectively.
Victorian cast iron radiator sets can offer a wonderful finish to period style rooms. These attractive traditional radiators have an authentic appeal that can really make your interior designs shine.