Verizon Business and McAfee Form Strategic Alliance.
Verizon Business, a leading global provider of IT, communications, security and network solutions, and McAfee (McAfee, Inc., Santa Clara, CA, www.mcafee.com) A leading provider of intrusion prevention software. In 1997, McAfee Associates and Network General merged to become Network Associates. Inc., the world's largest dedicated security technology company, today announced a global strategic alliance to provide integrated security solutions to businesses and government agencies worldwide.
Through this agreement, Verizon Business will offer McAfee's entire line of enterprise security products and services while McAfee taps Verizon Business' data center outsourcing (1) Contracting with outside consultants, software houses or service bureaus to perform systems analysis, programming and datacenter operations. Contrast with insourcing. See netsourcing, ASP, SSP and facilities management. and expert consulting and managed services An umbrella term for third-party monitoring and maintaining of computers, networks and software. The actual equipment may be inhouse or at the third-party's facilities, but the "managed" implies an ongoing effort; for example, making sure the equipment is running at a certain quality capabilities. Additionally, the companies will jointly develop a suite of next-generation, cloud-based managed security services Security services are state institutions for the provision of intelligence, primarily of a strategic nature, but also including protective security intelligence. Examples include the Security Service (MI5) and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) in the United Kingdom, and the .
The agreement between Verizon Business and McAfee extends significant value to enterprise clients by providing comprehensive world-class world-class
1. Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order: a world-class figure skater.
2. security solutions and services, including new cloud-based offerings. Building on both companies' success in technology and security, McAfee and Verizon Business can deliver solutions that effectively meet enterprise and government security challenges ahead, especially as more communications functions move to the "cloud," or network, to take advantage of faster implementation, enhanced security and lower costs.
"This strategic agreement with McAfee enables us to drive even more complete and integrated IT solutions to enterprises across the world," said Kerry Kerry, county (1991 pop. 121,894), 1,815 sq mi (4,701 sq km), SW Republic of Ireland. The county town is Tralee. Kerry consists of a series of mountainous peninsulas that extend into the Atlantic. Bailey Bailey may refer to:
- "Bailey", the outer wall of a castle, or the area within these walls (basse-cour in French); see Motte-and-bailey or fortification
In the United Kingdom:
- Bailey, Lancashire
1. A small smooth area on a bone or other firm structure.
2. of enterprise security so that enterprises can confidently do business in this digital age. Our newly expanded and next-generation cloud capabilities will enable organizations to better use security as a strategic tool and business enabler."
David Scholtz, senior vice president of worldwide strategic alliances at McAfee, said, "This agreement underscores the importance of delivering comprehensive security solutions to meet the needs of business and government clients. The complexities of today's threats and turbulent economic times call for agreements of this kind where products from multiple providers are combined to help improve our customers' investments and control their operational costs."
2009 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
2009 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 15, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Iraq tells Turkey to stop PKK raids.|
|Next Article:||Chevrolet Develops Arresting Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle For North America.|
|Verizon Business and McAfee Form Strategic Alliance.|
|Verizon, McAfee ink strategic alliance.|