VEKA AG Chooses DataMirror Resiliency Software.
Business Editors/High-Tech Writers
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 25, 2002
High Availability Also called "RAS" (reliability, availability, serviceability) or "fault resilient," it refers to a multiprocessing system that can quickly recover from a failure. There may be a minute or two of downtime while one system switches over to another, but processing will continue. Suite Ensures 24/7 Business Operations Business operations are those activities involved in the running of a business for the purpose of producing value for the stakeholders. Compare business processes. The outcome of business operations is the harvesting of value from assets for VEKA AG
DataMirror (Nasdaq: DMCX; TSE See Tokyo Stock Exchange.
1. See Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
2. See Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE). : DMC DMC Devil May Cry (video game)
DMC Detroit Medical Center
DMC Darryl McDaniels (rapper)
DMC Destination Management Company
DMC Del Mar College (Corpus Christi, TX) ), the leading provider of enterprise application integration and resiliency solutions, today announced that VEKA AG, the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of plastic window profiles, has implemented DataMirror High Availability Suite to protect its IBM (International Business Machines Corporation, Armonk, NY, www.ibm.com) The world's largest computer company. IBM's product lines include the S/390 mainframes (zSeries), AS/400 midrange business systems (iSeries), RS/6000 workstations and servers (pSeries), Intel-based servers (xSeries) iSeries systems and data from planned or unplanned downtime. With a current staff of over 2,500 employees within 13 group companies worldwide, VEKA AG's 1,600 different window profile types are available for dispatch at any time.
"DataMirror High Availability Suite gives VEKA AG the peace-of-mind that their mission-critical business data is thoroughly backed up, resilient and available 24/7," said Manfred Sielhorst, Technical Services Manager, DataMirror, Germany. "The ability to conduct business without being affected by system failure or planned outages empowers VEKA to continue to optimize production, enhance service levels, expand its business into new international markets and meet all the requirements of its customers."
A key factor in the success of the DataMirror implementation was the ability of High Availability Suite to mirror Large Objects (LOBs) in real-time from VEKA AG's primary iSeries system and the recovery system. LOB support ensures that an organization's critical Enterprise Resource Planning See ERP.
(application, business) Enterprise Resource Planning - (ERP) Any software system designed to support and automate the business processes of medium and large businesses. (ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) An integrated information system that serves all departments within an enterprise. Evolving out of the manufacturing industry, ERP implies the use of packaged software rather than proprietary software written by or for one customer. ) data, including ERP data stored in Binary Large Objects (BLOBs) for SAP R/3 v4.6d+ and J.D. Edwards (J.D. Edwards & Company, Denver, CO, www.jdedwards.com) A developer of multinational, integrated enterprise software for distribution, finance, human resources, manufacturing and supply chain management. OneWorld, is backed up and available in the event of an outage. DataMirror is committed to working with customers to meet their unique requirements while staying current with the changing needs of business environments.
"By providing the ability to continuously mirror Large Objects, the DataMirror solution addresses our requirements to provide flexibility for our SAP R/3 ERP system," said Christian Otte, Team Leader Computer Center, VEKA AG. "Without this ability, we would be in danger of not protecting all of our application data. Going forward, we expect that DataMirror High Availability Suite will provide us with a infrastructure component as the Company strives to enhance customer service, enter new global markets and drive business growth."
DataMirror is a dominant leader in the data resiliency market. All of the Company's software solutions are backed by DataMirror's extensive high availability expertise and global support.
About High Availability Suite and iCluster
DataMirror High Availability Suite features breakthrough XtremeCache technology that optimizes the flow of data into and out of a high-speed cache to help customers achieve zero latency (1) Having no delay between the time a request is initiated and the response is given. See latency.
(2) (Zero Latency) Coined by the GartnerGroup, it is the immediate exchange of information across geographical, technical and organizational boundaries so that all for system backup and recovery. High Availability Suite is the only product that gives customers the higher productivity and lower costs of real-time IFS mirroring, fast XtremeCache technology and unequaled match/merge architecture. DataMirror High Availability Suite delivers the highest performance and broadest feature set available to help companies maximize uptime and availability. With more than 1,000 licenses of DataMirror's High Availability Suite installed at customer sites worldwide, the software is used daily for mission-critical, planned and unplanned role switching. For clustered iSeries environments, iCluster provides an easy graphical user interface graphical user interface (GUI)
Computer display format that allows the user to select commands, call up files, start programs, and do other routine tasks by using a mouse to point to pictorial symbols (icons) or lists of menu choices on the screen as opposed to having to for configuring nodes in a cluster, mirroring data and other critical objects and monitoring the entire cluster from a single station.
DataMirror (Nasdaq: DMCX; TSE: DMC) delivers solutions that let customers integrate data across their enterprises. DataMirror's comprehensive family of products unlocks the experience of now(TM) by providing advanced real-time capture, transform and flow (CTF CTF Capture The Flag
CTF Child Trust Fund (UK)
CTF Canadian Tax Foundation
CTF Canadian Taxpayers Federation (lobby group)
CTF Canadian Television Fund
CTF Canadian Teachers' Federation ) technology that gives customers the instant data access, integration and availability they demand today across all computers in their business.
Over 1,500 companies use DataMirror to integrate their data. Real-time data Real-time data denotes information that is delivered immediately after collection. There is no delay in the timeliness of the information provided.
Some uses of this term confuse it with the term dynamic data. drives all business. DataMirror is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and has offices worldwide. DataMirror has been ranked in the Deloitte and Touche Fast 500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America North America, third largest continent (1990 est. pop. 365,000,000), c.9,400,000 sq mi (24,346,000 sq km), the northern of the two continents of the Western Hemisphere. . For more information, call 1-800-362-5955 or visit the DataMirror web site at www.datamirror.com.
Media and Financial Contacts: Peter Cauley Tracy Staniland Chief Financial Officer Director of Marketing DataMirror Corporation DataMirror Corporation E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 905-415-0310 ext. 271 Phone: 905-415-0310 ext. 274 Fax: 905-415-0340 Fax: 905-415-5196 Karen Quatromoni PR Contact Rainier Corporation E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 978-464-5302 ext. 150 Fax: 978-464-2968
Forward-looking statements in this press release, including statements regarding DataMirror Corporation's business which are not historical facts, are made pursuant to the "safe harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. " provisions of the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA) implemented several significant substantive changes affecting certain cases brought under the federal securities laws, including changes related to pleading, discovery, liability, class representation and awards fees and of 1995. Forward-looking statements include statements of estimates, expectations, objectives and plans (financial and otherwise). The words "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Numerous factors affect DataMirror's operating results and could cause DataMirror's actual results to differ materially from the results indicated by this press release or by any forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, DataMirror, and there can be no assurance that future results will meet expectations, estimates or projections. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following: variability of quarterly operating results; dependence upon the continued growth and success of DataMirror's software products; competition; the ability to develop, market, support and acquire new products in an environment of rapidly changing technology; dependence upon continued growth in the database and enterprise data integration markets; dependence upon relationships with complementary vendors and distribution channels; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; risks of international operations Internal Operations (I.O., IO or I/O) is a fictional American Intelligence Agency in Wildstorm comics. It was originally called International Operations. I.O. first appeared in WildC.A.T.S. volume 1 #1 (August, 1992) and was created by Brandon Choi and Jim Lee. , currency exchange rate fluctuations and global economic conditions; possible software errors or defects; possible infringement claims by third parties; and other factors discussed in the Company's Annual Information Form and other periodic filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory authorities.
Copyright 2002 DataMirror Corporation. All rights reserved. DataMirror, High Availability Suite and The experience of now are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataMirror Corporation. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
DataMirror 3100 Steeles Avenue East Suite 1100 Markham, Ontario L3R 8T3 TEL: (905) 415-0310 FAX: (905) 415-0340 Web Site: www.datamirror.com