Urix Announces Predictive Modeling Solutions for Workers' Compensation and Short and Long Term Disability Claims Management.
BOSTON -- Urix announces that DxCG, a world premier provider of science-based predictive modeling solutions and the science inside the Urix business intelligence solutions, has developed a new Integrated Disability Management Solution to help insurance carriers and employers manage escalating medical costs from workers' compensation workers' compensation, payment by employers for some part of the cost of injuries, or in some cases of occupational diseases, received by employees in the course of their work. related injuries as well as short and long term disabilities.
DxCG's first predictive modeling solution for Disability Management will allow clients to apply the same scientifically advanced predictive models that have been used for managing population health for the group health insurance industry for over ten years.
"We've heard many clients discuss their interest in using predictive models within their claim operations as a means of facilitating earlier claims resolution. By identifying the best cases for either settlement, return to work or earlier referral to case management, predictive modeling results help focus a Claim Adjuster's case load on the most 'actionable' or 'resolvable' claims -- this is the work smarter not harder approach" said Kathleen Larson Day, Vice President of Product Management at Urix/DxCG.
Using DxCG best in class predictive models, clients will have the ability to identify high-cost claims quickly in order to improve focused service to injured in·jure
tr.v. in·jured, in·jur·ing, in·jures
1. To cause physical harm to; hurt.
2. To cause damage to; impair.
3. or disabled workers and significantly help manage costs. The models also provide medical cost and utilization information that can be used for reserve setting and detecting fraud and abuse.
DxCG Senior Scientist Rong Yi, PhD, recently spoke at the World Research Group's 4th Annual Predictive Modeling Implementation for Workers' Compensation. Her presentation entitled en·ti·tle
tr.v. en·ti·tled, en·ti·tling, en·ti·tles
1. To give a name or title to.
2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: "Identifying High Cost Claims Using Predictive Models" received much anticipation from attendees who wanted to apply the sophisticated science to increase the accuracy and quality of workers' compensation claims analysis.
For more information about this presentation or the DxCG Integrated Disability Management Solution, please contact Urix at email@example.com.
DxCG, an ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. business, is a science-based world renowned health risk prediction company Prediction Company was founded in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, in March 1991 by J. Doyne Farmer, Norman Packard and James McGill. The company uses various forecasting techniques to build black-box trading systems for various financial markets. offering a growing portfolio of predictive modeling solutions for health care payors, providers and employers. DxCG has been providing research into the science of risk adjustment and predictive modeling since 1996 and is the science inside Urix, a leading provider of health care business intelligence tools. Today, more than 350 customers in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. and abroad use the most publicly researched predictive models to empower empower verb To encourage or provide a person with the means or information to become involved in solving his/her own problems strategic decision-making decision-making,
n the process of coming to a conclusion or making a judgment.
n a type of informal decision-making that combines clinical expertise, patient concerns, and evidence gathered from and create successful financing, organization and delivery of health services health services Managed care The benefits covered under a health contract . With the recent combination of DxCG solutions with Urix technologies, DxCG has become part of a growing independent provider of innovative health care analytics and decision support solutions. As an ISO business, DxCG is supported by the most trusted provider of solutions designed to help customers measure and reduce risk. For more information, visit www.dxcg.com or www.urix.com.