Update Galaxy S Advance I9070P to Official XXLPF Android 4.1.2 [GUIDE].
Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build date: 10 June, 2013
Product code: TIM
[Firmware Information and link: (http://samsung-updates.com/) Samsung Updates ]
Users can grab the update using the Samsung Kies utility. Since the XXLPF build is an unbranded version of firmware it can be installed on any unlocked I9070P unit except those which are from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Those who wish to install XXLPF Android 4.1.2 on their devices manually using Odin flashing tool, may follow our step-by-step guide. ((http://androidromupdate.com/2013/05/05/install-i9070pxxlpd-jelly-bean-update-on-samsung-galaxy-s-advance-gt-i9070p-with-nfc/) Courtesy of Android ROM Update)
reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are also advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements before installing firmware.
1) Install (http://hotfile.com/dl/141204140/576b45c/SAMSUNG_Mobile_Phones_USB_Driver.rar.html)
for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to transfer files between the Android device and the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect the Android device with computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press
. From there navigate and click on
option and ensure
USB Debugging Mode
is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then back up the data using the recovery.
4) The phone should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. It will also lose custom recovery which will be replaced by the stock recovery.
7) The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version once the official firmware is installed.
8) Perform a Hard Reset if the handset is having many third party applications. This will ensure a smooth installation process. But do not forget to back up data before resetting the device.
9) XXLPF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070P. As applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy S Advance by navigating to
Steps to install XXLPF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P
(http://hotfile.com/dl/234520539/92a81ab/TIM-I9070PXXLPF-20130627090302.zip.html) I9070PXXLPF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to computer
Extract the downloaded firmware zip file using Winzip, Winrzr, 7zip or any other extracting tool to get a file with
extension along with some other files
. Extract the Odin zip to get
and some other files
Switch off the Galaxy S Advance and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Boot the phone into
bypressing and holding
buttons together. A warning screen will appear saying either to continue or cancel. Press the
button to continue to enter Download Mode
Connect the phone to computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, an
message will appear under Odin. Also the ID: COM in Odin will turn blue with COM port number indicating successful connection
message does not appear, then the USB port at the back of the computer. In case that too does not work, then re-install the USB driver.
Select these files extracted from the I9070PXXLPF folder to install on phone
a) Click the
button and select the
b) Click the
button and select file with
in its name
c) Click the
button and select the file with
in its name
d) Click the
button and select the
Ignore the steps (b, c and d) if such files are not found.
In Odin, verify
checkboxes are selected. But uncheck
option; select it only when a .pit file is used
When everything is set, click
button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete
When the installation process is completed, a
message will display in Odin indicating successful installation. The device will reboot automatically. Now safely unplug the USB cable from phone to disconnect it from computer
XXLPF Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official build should now be installed on the Galaxy S Advance. Head over to
to verify the new software version of the handset. Re-configure the APN Settings to avoid data networks connection issues. Navigate to
Language and Text input
to change the default language to your desired language.
Fix Bootloop Issues
1) While installing the firmware if the PASS message does not display (step-11) or the device gets stuck for long time, then disconnect the phone from the computer. Remove the battery and re-insert it, check the USB connection, re-install USB driver and disable KIES. Enter Download Mode and repeat the whole procedure.
2) If bootloop occurs or the device is stuck in welcome screen logo, then boot the phone into
. Press and hold
Note: In recovery mode, use
keys to scroll between the options and use the
button to select the particular option.
In recovery mode, select
Wipe data/factory reset and
Wipe Cache Partition.
Reboot the phone in normal mode by selecting
reboot system now.
When the phone boots up, it should be running on the official build.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||International Business Times - US ed.|
|Date:||Aug 29, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Galaxy S Advance I9070P Gets Android 4.1.2 XXLPF Deodexed ROM [How to Install].|
|Next Article:||'Chennai Express' Box Office Collection: Will SRK Starrer Earn a,[sup.1]250 Crore in India?|