University of Tennessee: DAU and NDIA to sponsor Defense Systems Acquisition Management course offerings for industry managers.
* May 1-5, 2006, U.S. Grant Hotel, San Diego, Calif.
* July 10-14, 2006, Colorado Springs DoubleTree Hotel and World Arena, Colorado Springs, Colo.
DSAM presents the same acquisition policy information provided to DoD students who attend the Defense Acquisition University courses for acquisition certification training. It is designed to meet the needs of defense industry acquisition managers in today's dynamic environment, providing the latest information related to:
* Defense acquisition policy for weapons and information technology systems, including discussion of the DoD 5000 series (directive and instruction) and the CJCS 3170 series (instruction and manual)
* Defense transformation initiatives related to systems acquisition
* Defense acquisition procedures and processes
* The planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and the congressional budget process
* The relationship between the determination of military capability needs, resource allocation, science and technology activities, and acquisition programs.
For further information see "Courses Offered" under "Meetings and Events" at <http://www.ndia.org>. Industry students contact Phyllis Edmonson at (703) 247-2577 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of experienced government students may be selected to attend each offering. Government students must first contact Bruce Moler at (703) 805-5257, or e-mail email@example.com prior to registering with NDIA.
Online registration is available at: <http://register.ndia.org/interview/register.ndia?#September2005>.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Spotlight on DAU Learning Resources|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||University of Tennessee: Boston University and Defense Acquisition University enter into strategic partnership.|
|Next Article:||University of Tennessee: Defense Acquisition University 2006 Catalog.|