University of Tennessee: DAU and NDIA to sponsor Defense Systems Acquisition Management course offerings for industry managers.DAU DAU - /dow/ [German Fidonet] D"ummster Anzunehmender User. A German acronym for stupidest imaginable user. From the engineering-slang GAU for Gr"osster Anzunehmender Unfall (worst foreseeable accident), especially of a LNG tank farm plant or something with similarly disastrous and the National Defense Industrial Association will sponsor offerings of the Defense Systems Acquisition Management (DSAM DSAM Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
DSAM Diploma in Small Animal Medicine
DSAM Deputy Sheriff's Association of Michigan (Lansing, MI)
DSAM Defense Supply Agency Manual ) course for interested industry managers at the following locations during fiscal 2006:
* May 1-5, 2006, U.S. Grant Hotel, San Diego San Diego (săn dēā`gō), city (1990 pop. 1,110,549), seat of San Diego co., S Calif., on San Diego Bay; inc. 1850. San Diego includes the unincorporated communities of La Jolla and Spring Valley. Coronado is across the bay. , Calif.
* July 10-14, 2006, Colorado Springs DoubleTree Hotel and World Arena, Colorado Springs The World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado is a 7,343-seat multi-purpose arena. The arena opened in 1997. In addition to the main arena, the adjacent Ice Hall contains two practice rinks, one NHL-sized and one Olympic-sized. , Colo.
DSAM presents the same acquisition policy information provided to DoD students who attend the Defense Acquisition University courses for acquisition certification training. It is designed to meet the needs of defense industry acquisition managers in today's dynamic environment, providing the latest information related to:
* Defense acquisition policy for weapons and information technology systems, including discussion of the DoD 5000 series (directive and instruction) and the CJCS CJCS Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (US DoD)
CJCS Cathedral and John Connon School 3170 series (instruction and manual)
* Defense transformation initiatives related to systems acquisition
* Defense acquisition procedures and processes
* The planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and the congressional budget process
* The relationship between the determination of military capability needs, resource allocation resource allocation Managed care The constellation of activities and decisions which form the basis for prioritizing health care needs , science and technology activities, and acquisition programs.
For further information see "Courses Offered" under "Meetings and Events" at <http://www.ndia.org>. Industry students contact Phyllis Edmonson at (703) 247-2577 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of experienced government students may be selected to attend each offering. Government students must first contact Bruce Moler at (703) 805-5257, or e-mail email@example.com prior to registering with NDIA.
Online registration is available at: <http://register.ndia.org/interview/register.ndia?#September2005>.