Unique Identification (UID) forum.
All DoD serially managed assets must be registered in the Item Unique Identification Registry by September 2007. If you are a DoD contractor or are a military program manager, you are affected by this mandatory policy. This policy impacts all levels of supply, including small- to mid-sized businesses and all acquisition programs. The Department of Defense is sponsoring a UID (programming, database) uid -
1. user identifier.
2. unique identifier - of any sort, possibly following sense 1.
Compare with SKU for sense-development. Forum, Sept. 12-13, in Atlanta, Ga. This forum is designed to provide practical guidance to help military program managers and DoD contractors--particularly small- to mid-sized contractors--and all acquisition program managers achieve successful UID implementation as required by DoD policy memoranda and the issuance of the final UID Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement rule dated April 22, 2005. UID Forum participants will learn how to achieve successful implementation through sessions conducted by Department policy makers on:
* Military Standard 130 (MILSTD MILSTD Military Standard
MILSTD Make It Like it Says in The Drawing :-) 130)
* Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF WAWF Wide Area Work Flow )
* Semantics and Syntax of Data
* Unique Item Identifiers (UII UII Unique Item Identifier
UII Unified Industries Incorporated (Springfield, VA, USA) )
* Marking Guidelines
* Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS DFARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement
DFARS DoD Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement )
Register for the UID Forum at <http://www.uidforum.com>.