UN Secretary General receives Foreign Minister, Director of Morocco's Intelligence Agency.Ban Ki-moon Ban Ki-Moon (bän kē-mn), 1944–, South Korean diplomat, secretary-general of the United Nations (2007–), b. Chungju, grad. Seoul National Univ. (B.S. .
Foreign Minister, Taib Fassi Fihri, and Director of Morocco's Intelligence Agency (DGED), Mohamed Yassine Mansouri were received here on Friday by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
"We discussed several issues, notably the situation in the Maghreb and the development of the Sahara issue," Fassi Fihri told the press following a meeting with the UNSG UNSG United Nations Secretary General
UNSG Upper Nidderdale Scout Group (UK)
UNSG Unocal North Sumatera Geothermal Ltd. . AaAa The Moroccan official reaffirmed "Morocco's full commitment to reach a political solution based on the resolutions of the UN Security Council, and calling for substantive negotiations and a realist approach." AaAa This meeting falls is part of the regular dialogue between Morocco and the UN, especially on the ongoing negotiation process over the Moroccan Sahara," he added. AaAa In this regard, Fassi Fihri deplored that the second round of informal talks was postponed because of "the attitude and maneuvers adopted and led by Algeria and the Polisario," underlining un·der·lin·ing
1. The act of drawing a line under; underscoring.
2. Emphasis or stress, as in instruction or argument. that these "parties refuse to reach a political solution and opt for the impass situation" that prevails in the Maghreb. AaAa "I want to say, here, clearly that the choice is between a solution, within a framework of a real compromise, which will be based on legality le·gal·i·ty
n. pl. le·gal·i·ties
1. The state or quality of being legal; lawfulness.
2. Adherence to or observance of the law.
3. A requirement enjoined by law. Often used in the plural. and international standards and give the chance to the Maghreb to achieve its integration, or the maintainAa of the current situation with all doors closed," Fassi Fihri added.
Copyright UMCI News
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||UMCI News (Potomac Falls, VA)|
|Date:||Dec 13, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Euro-Africa, new area of balance in the Mediterranean.|
|Next Article:||AMU prize for best agricultural research 2009 goes to Algeria, Tunisia.|