U.S. decorative laminate sales to exceed 12 billion square feet in 2013.CLEVELAND Cleveland, former county, England
Cleveland, former county, NE England, created under the Local Government Act of 1972 (effective 1974). It was composed of the county boroughs of Hartlepool and Teeside and parts of the former counties of Durham and , OH -- Sales of decorative laminates in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. are forecast to reverse their downward trend and increase 2.1% per year to more than 12 billion square feet in 2013, valued at $7.4 billion, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Decorative Laminates, a new study from The Freedonia Group Inc. (freedoniagroup. corn), an industry research firm. Gains will be sparked by increased demand from the flooring industry, where shipments of laminate flooring This article or section needs sources or references that appear in reliable, third-party publications. Alone, primary sources and sources affiliated with the subject of this article are not sufficient for an accurate encyclopedia article. are projected to advance over 11% per year to 750 million square feet in 2013.
The study also says that cabinets are expected to remain the leading market for decorative laminates in 2013, with demand for laminates reaching about three billion square feet. Advances will be derived de·rive
v. de·rived, de·riv·ing, de·rives
1. To obtain or receive from a source.
2. from the rebounding housing market, as increasing housing completions will spur demand for cabinets in new housing. However, gains will be restrained by increasing competition from cabinets made from other materials, especially solid wood.
U.S. DECORATIVE LAMINATES DEMAND (MILLION SQUARE FEET) Annual Growth 2003- 2008- Item 2003 2008 2013 2008 2013 Decorative Laminates Demand 12090 10920 12100 -2.0 2.1 Low-Pressure laminates 9630 8720 9550 -2.0 1.8 High-Pressure Laminates 2270 2025 2355 -2.3 3.1 Edgebanding 190 175 195 -1.6 2.2 Experts predict decorative laminate demand to increase 2.1% annually. Source: The Freedonia Group Inc.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||TRENDS & NEWS|
|Comment:||U.S. decorative laminate sales to exceed 12 billion square feet in 2013.(TRENDS & NEWS)|
|Publication:||Wood & Wood Products|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||2,900 more drop down cribs recalled.|
|Next Article:||Doug Mockett & Co. fights womens' cancer.|