Printer Friendly
The Free Library
22,719,120 articles and books

Tropicana Entertainment, LLC Appoints Industry Veteran Robert Kocienski as Chief Financial Officer.



CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky. -- Tropicana Entertainment, LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.

LLC - Logical Link Control
 announced today that gaming industry veteran Robert Kocienski has been named the company's senior vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer.

Kocienski, whose appointment is effective immediately, succeeds Theodore R. Mitchel, who will now focus on his role as CFO See Chief Financial Officer.  of Columbia Sussex Corp., one of the largest privately held developers, owners and operators of hotel properties in the United States.

"Bob is a respected, well-known and experienced gaming executive and his appointment is a great addition to our management team," said Tropicana President Scott C. Butera. "His gaming industry and financial expertise will be valuable assets to Tropicana."

Kocienski has a diversified background which includes senior-level experience in finance and operations. Most recently, he served as CFO of the Cosmopolitan Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, a 6.5 million-square-foot development project on the Las Vegas strip The Las Vegas Strip (also known as The Strip) is a 4 mi (6.7 km) section of Las Vegas Boulevard South, most of which has been designated an All-American Road. , where he oversaw the transition from construction phase to operations phase.

Kocienski served as executive vice president and CFO for the Mirage Hotel and Casino Resort from 2000 to 2003 and the Golden Nugget Las Vegas The Golden Nugget Las Vegas is a casino-hotel located in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on the Fremont Street Experience. The property is owned and operated by Landry's Restaurants.

It is the largest casino in the downtown area, with a total of 1,907 rooms.
 from 1992 to 2000. In previous years Kocienski held senior positions at Torguson Gaming Group, Inc., Charles Town Races & Slots, and The Las Vegas Hilton The Las Vegas Hilton is a hotel, casino, and convention center in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is a joint venture between Colony Capital, which owns 60 percent, and New York City-based REIT Whitehall Street Real Estate Funds, which owns the remaining 40 percent. . He also served as a Supervising Agent in the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement from November 1978 to October 1984.

Kocienski earned a bachelor of science Noun 1. Bachelor of Science - a bachelor's degree in science
BS, SB

bachelor's degree, baccalaureate - an academic degree conferred on someone who has successfully completed undergraduate studies
 degree in business administration at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, commonly referred to as Bloomsburg, BU, or Bloom is a public university located in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. It is one of the 14 state universities that compose the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).  with a major in accounting.

About Tropicana Entertainment

Tropicana Entertainment, an indirect subsidiary of Tropicana Casinos and Resorts, is one of the largest privately-held gaming entertainment providers in the United States. Additional information can be found on the Company's website at www.tropicanacasinos.com. None of the information contained on the Company's website shall be deemed incorporated by reference or otherwise included herein.
COPYRIGHT 2008 Business Wire
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

 Reader Opinion

Title:

Comment:



 

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Business Wire
Date:May 1, 2008
Words:303
Previous Article:New Book Blows Holes in Proposed Universal Health Care System.
Next Article:Top Sports Leagues, Program Network Find Fault With Tech Companies' "White Spaces" Proposal.
Topics:



Related Articles
Largest hotel in New Jersey offers complete entertainment experience.
GRAPEVINE: News About People.
GRAPEVINE: News About People.
GRAPEVINE: News About People.
GRAPEVINE: News About People.
UNIVERSAL NAMES THEME PARK HEAD.
AFFI elects new officers, directors at annual meeting.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2014 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters