Treo Pro Smartphone by Palm Now Available at TELUS in Canada.Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. Phone
TORONTO -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) today announced that its Treo[TM] Pro smartphone is now available at TELUS TELUS Telemetric Universal Sensor in Canada. With its smartly designed high-resolution color touch screen and full web-browsing capabilities layered on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Treo Pro is the ideal smartphone for business users and consumers.
Treo Pro offers TELUS clients simplicity and productivity - including TELUS mobile email, TELUS Navigator, Wi-Fi, web and 3G network capabilities(1) - to meet the needs of businesses and consumers alike. Treo Pro's thin design blends style and functionality with an LCD touch screen, one-touch buttons and a full QWERTY keyboard The standard English language typewriter keyboard. Q, W, E, R, T and Y are the letters on the top left, alphabetic row. Designed by Christopher Sholes, who invented the typewriter, the keyboard layout was organized to prevent people from typing too fast and jamming the keys. .
With Treo Pro, users can open ZIP files, edit Microsoft Word A full-featured word processing program for Windows and the Macintosh from Microsoft. Included in the Microsoft application suite, it is a sophisticated program with rudimentary desktop publishing capabilities that has become the most widely used word processing application on the market. and Excel documents and view PowerPoint presentations and PDFs. It is compatible with System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008, which allows IT professionals to manage Windows Mobile phones similarly to how they manage PCs and laptops, adding value to mobile enterprise solutions.
The Palm Experience on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
The 3G-capable Treo Pro smartphone from TELUS helps optimize business processes by effortlessly mobilizing users with enhancements to the Windows Mobile platform, including:
* Full QWERTY keyboard
* High-resolution color LCD touch screen
* Dedicated email and calendar buttons for fast one-button access
* Ringer switch, which silences the device immediately
* One-touch Wi-Fi button for an easy, fast Wi-Fi connection experience (802.11b/g)(1)
* Screen saver A utility that was originally created to prevent a CRT from being etched by an unchanging image. After a specified duration of time without keyboard or mouse input, it blanks the screen or displays moving objects. Pressing a key or moving the mouse restores the screen. , which lets users know at a glance - without turning on the device - what time it is and whether they have missed a call or have a new SMS message SMS message SMS n → (message m) SMS m
* New voicemail indicator which flashes to let users know that a voicemail is waiting(2)
* TELUS Navigator, for audible turn-by-turn navigation
* TELUS Visual Voice Mail
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro from TELUS, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows solution for their mobile work forces, including:
* Microsoft Direct Push Technology(3) - Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Exchange Server is a messaging and collaborative software product developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Servers line of server products and is widely used by enterprises using Microsoft infrastructure solutions. 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
* Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 - With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
* Applications for Windows Mobile phones - Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
* Integrated GPS - Users can access maps, turn-by-turn directions and point-of-interest (POI) searches.(1)
* Familiar Windows experience - Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile or IE Mobile (formerly named Pocket Internet Explorer or PIE before Windows Mobile 5.0) is an Internet browser developed by Microsoft for Pocket PC and Handheld PC that comes loaded by default with Windows Mobile and ; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files; and open ZIP files remotely.
More information about Treo Pro at TELUS in Canada is available at www.palm.com/ca or www.telus.com.
TELUS (TSX TSX Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE before April, 2002)
TSX Transfer from Stack Pointer to Index
TSX True Space Extension : T, T.A)(NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : TU) is a leading national telecommunications company See telecom company. in Canada, with $9.7 billion of annual revenue and 11.6 million customer connections including 6.1 million wireless subscribers, 4.2 million wireline network access lines and 1.2 million Internet subscribers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. , Darren Entwistle Darren Entwistle is the current President and Chief Executive Officer of TELUS, a Canadian telephone, television and Internet service provider. External links
- TELUS biography
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm([R]) Treo[TM], Pre[TM] and Centro[TM] phones, as well as software, services and accessories.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
More information about Palm, Inc. is available at http://www.palm.com.
(1) Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email, web, and GPS require an account and data services at additional cost. GPS application not available from all carriers. Third-party software may be required. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times.
(2) Within wireless coverage area only.
(3) Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN (Virtual Private Network) A private network that is configured within a public network (a carrier's network or the Internet) in order to take advantage of the economies of scale and management facilities of large networks. may be required.
Palm, Treo, Pre and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 7, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Connect Direct Named One of Top BtoB Agencies for 2009.|
|Next Article:||Fitch: No Impact to Hertz IDR from Planned Unsecured Debt Repurchase.|