Treo Pro Smartphone Now Available in Brazil on Claro Network.Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. 6.1 and Palm Ease-of-use Innovations
n. 1. (Zool.) Any marine annelid of the genus Hyalinæcia, especially H. tubicola of Europe, which inhabits a transparent movable tube resembling a quill in color and texture. PAULO -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) today announced that Treo[TM] Pro by Palm is now available in Brazil. Treo Pro is an easy-to-use smartphone A cellular telephone with information access. It provides digital voice service as well as any combination of e-mail, text messaging, pager, Web access, voice recognition, still and/or video camera, MP3, TV or video player and organizer (see PDA). for businesses that want to simplify their IT infrastructures and lower costs, and for users who want to stay on top of their professional and personal lives. With its streamlined design and Palm([R]) innovations layered on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Treo Pro is a unique combination of sleek simplicity and robust productivity -- including email, Wi-Fi and GPS(1) capabilities -- that meets the needs of businesses and end users alike. Treo Pro will be available in Brazil through Claro.
"Everything about Treo Pro -- from the hardware design to the packaging and accessories - embodies the elegant and simplified end-to-end experience that our customers expect from Palm," said Mark Halliden, managing director, Brazil, for Palm, Inc. "Businesses want the control and savings that Windows Mobile affords, in an innovative and elegant package that keeps their users happy. Treo Pro balances both."
The Treo Pro smartphone lets IT managers support an increasingly mobile work force with the ease of use and robust feature set business professionals demand. Besides the benefits of lower costs and increased productivity, Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier device management and access to information on the corporate network that Windows Mobile 6.1 provides.
Users can quickly respond to business and personal email, access the web, stay on top of appointments and contacts, and use Wi-Fi or GPS on the go.(1) Treo Pro's thin design blends a flush, high-resolution color touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard The standard English language typewriter keyboard. Q, W, E, R, T and Y are the letters on the top left, alphabetic row. Designed by Christopher Sholes, who invented the typewriter, the keyboard layout was organized to prevent people from typing too fast and jamming the keys. with a removable battery that packs up to five hours of talk time and enough strength for the business user's needs, offering a powerful yet effortless ef·fort·less
Calling for, requiring, or showing little or no effort. See Synonyms at easy.
effort·less·ly adv. mobile experience.
"Windows Mobile is delivering intelligent communications that connect not only devices, but also people to their information. Treo Pro with Windows Mobile will help make people more productive and efficient so then can better achieve their goals and be more successful," said Doug Smith Doug Smith may refer to:
- Doug Smith (baseball) former MLB baseball player
- Doug Smith (basketball), former American professional basketball player
- Doug Smith (composer), American composer and pianist
The Palm Experience on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
The Treo Pro smartphone, based on the popular Windows Mobile platform, helps optimize business processes by effortlessly ef·fort·less
Calling for, requiring, or showing little or no effort. See Synonyms at easy.
effort·less·ly adv. mobilizing users with enhancements to the Windows Mobile 6.1 platform, including:
* One-touch Wi-Fi button -- Easy, fast Wi-Fi connection experience (802.11b/g).(1)
* Ringer switch -- Silences the device immediately.
* Screen saver A utility that was originally created to prevent a CRT from being etched by an unchanging image. After a specified duration of time without keyboard or mouse input, it blanks the screen or displays moving objects. Pressing a key or moving the mouse restores the screen. -- Lets users know at a glance -- without turning on the device -- what time it is and whether they have missed a call or have a new SMS/MMS message.
* New voicemail indicator -- The center button flashes to let users know that a voicemail is waiting.(2)
* Dedicated email and calendar buttons -- Fast one-button access.
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro, businesses can take advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows Mobile 6.1 solution for their mobile workforces, including:
* Microsoft Direct Push Technology(3) -- Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Exchange Server is a messaging and collaborative software product developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Servers line of server products and is widely used by enterprises using Microsoft infrastructure solutions. 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
* Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 -- With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, the Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
* Applications for Windows Mobile -- Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
* World phone -- With high-speed UMTS/HSDPA network capabilities,(4) Treo Pro is a sleek world phone that's ideal for companies with an international work force.
* Integrated GPS -- Users can access maps, turn-by-turn directions and point-of-interest (POI) searches.(1)
* Support and training -- Palm's ease-of-use innovations make Treo Pro so easy to use, businesses can spend less on training and support for their users.
* Familiar Windows experience -- Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile Internet Explorer Mobile or IE Mobile (formerly named Pocket Internet Explorer or PIE before Windows Mobile 5.0) is an Internet browser developed by Microsoft for Pocket PC and Handheld PC that comes loaded by default with Windows Mobile and ; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files See PDF. ; and open ZIP files (1) A file that contains one or more files that have been compressed into the ZIP format. Also called a "ZIP archive," "zipped file" or "zipped archive," the ZIP algorithm is the most popular compression method in use.
Not Just the . remotely.
More information about the Treo Pro smartphone is available at www.palm.com/latin.
NOTE: Multimedia materials are available from Business Wire (http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5758545) and the Palm press room media library (www.palm.com/mml).
About Palm, Inc.
Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive in·stinc·tive
1. Of, relating to, or prompted by instinct.
2. Arising from impulse; spontaneous and unthinking: an instinctive mistrust of bureaucrats. yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include Palm([R]) Treo[TM], Pre[TM] and Centro[TM] phones, as well as software, services and accessories.
Palm products are sold through select Internet, retail, reseller and wireless operator channels throughout the world, and at Palm online stores (http://www.palm.com/store).
More information about Palm, Inc. is available at http://www.palm.com.
(1) Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network See wireless Ethernet and 802.11. . Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email, web, and GPS require an account and data services at additional cost. GPS application not available from all carriers. Third-party software may be required. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times.
(2) Within wireless coverage area only.
(3) Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN (Virtual Private Network) A private network that is configured within a public network (a carrier's network or the Internet) in order to take advantage of the economies of scale and management facilities of large networks. may be required.
(4) More than 860 GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) A digital cellular phone technology based on TDMA that is the predominant system in Europe, but also used worldwide. Developed in the 1980s, GSM was first deployed in seven European countries in 1992. networks provide coverage in 220 regions worldwide. Within UMTS/HSDPA data coverage area only. Actual data speeds vary based on network capacity and application design. Requires data services at additional cost.
Palm, Treo, Pre and Centro are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 13, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Amazon Defense Coalition: Chevron Blasted For Misconduct and Corruption in Ecuador Trial.|
|Next Article:||Thomas Properties Group, Inc., Announces Date for Fourth Quarter 2008 Earnings Conference Call.|