Trend Micro Announces Threat Management Services:.Overwatch O´ver`watch´
v. t. 1. To watch too much.
2. To weary or exhaust by watching. Service Targets Threats That Have Evaded Conventional Security
Trend Micro announced today a new Threat Management Services offering that provides enterprises with "network security overwatch" -- a security layer that strengthens an organisation's existing security infrastructure against active, data-stealing malware (MALicious softWARE) Software designed to destroy, aggravate and otherwise make life unhappy. See crimeware, virus, worm, logic bomb, macro virus and Trojan. that have evaded detection from their existing security solutions. Trend Microao Threat Management Services uncover these threats and provides proactive early warning, containment containment
Strategic U.S. foreign policy of the late 1940s and early 1950s intended to check the expansionist designs of the Soviet Union through economic, military, diplomatic, and political means. It was conceived by George Kennan soon after World War II. and remediation; enterprises gain increased protection, greater visibility and less management complexity. Unlike security solutions that are unaware of active data-stealing malware infiltrations within the network, Threat Management Services strengthen protection of corporate assets. It achieves this through three key components: * A network anti-malware technology that identifies, analyses and mitigates corporate-wide threat security issues.* A signature-less cleanup technology effective against known and new malware.* Trend Micro global threat security experts to secure corporate data and offer security expertise for IT departments; services also include 24/7 malware infection monitoring, remediation and security planning. GUESS, Inc., one of the most widely recognisable apparel companies across with globe with over 1,100 GUESS and GUESS Accessory accessory, in criminal law, a person who, though not present at the commission of a crime, becomes a participator in the crime either before or after the fact of commission. retail stores worldwide and counting, recently implemented Trend Micro Threat Management Services."I have not seen the equal of the Trend Micro Threat Management Services in the market -- it is very unique," said Scott Forrest, network manager in IT at GUESS, Inc. "It showed us exactly where our security solutions were falling short. Within 20 to 30 minutes, and with very little up-front work, it was up and running. It was intuitive for our engineers right off the bat, and we could see what was happening on nodes and on the network in general. We hadn't had this visibility before, and the service gave us great insights into our overall threat security environment." Threat Management Services consists of three packages that provide a range of threat detection and security planning advisory services advisory services
advisory services provided to the public, in their capacity as owners and managers of animals, are an important part of veterinary science. They may be provided by government bureaux, by commercial companies who deal in pharmaceuticals or animals or animal . They include:* Trend Microao Threat Discovery Services See service discovery. : This package includes the Threat Discovery technology that allows IT to identify, analyse an·a·lyse
v. Chiefly British
Variant of analyze.
analyse or US -lyze
[-lysing, -lysed] or -lyzing, and mitigate mit·i·gate
To moderate in force or intensity.
miti·gation n. corporate-wide threat security issues including undetected infections, risky behaviors and practices, potential malware entry points, and other situations posing vulnerabilities. Using Trend Micro's around-the-clock global threat intelligence that is part of the Trend Microao Smart Protection Networkao infrastructure, customers gain significant visibility into a variety of information security risk factors across their network through customised daily and weekly reports.
* Trend Microao Threat Remediation Services: This package includes the Threat Discovery Services features as well as 24x7 monitoring, proactive early warning alerts, and remediation advisory services for stealthy stealth·y
adj. stealth·i·er, stealth·i·est
Marked by or acting with quiet, caution, and secrecy intended to avoid notice. See Synonyms at secret. , data-stealing malware. It consists of Trend Micro expert Threat Management Advisors working proactively, 24x7 to monitor the customer's network for infections.
* Trend Microao Threat Lifecycle Management Services: This package encompasses features in the previous packages and extends them to include automated au·to·mate
v. au·to·mat·ed, au·to·mat·ing, au·to·mates
1. To convert to automatic operation: automate a factory.
2. threat remediation and root-cause analysis technology coupled with proactive security planning services from a dedicated Trend Micro Threat Management Advisor.All three service packages are designed to strengthen and work alongside existing security infrastructures that inevitably have security gaps exploited by stealthy, day-zero threats. Free, 2-week trial Security Threat Assessments conducted by Trend Micro highlight the reality that most companies are not as secure as they think: Of the 130 Security Threat Assessments conducted between October 2008 and August 2009, Trend Micro discovered that 100 percent of all participating enterprises were infected in·fect
tr.v. in·fect·ed, in·fect·ing, in·fects
1. To contaminate with a pathogenic microorganism or agent.
2. To communicate a pathogen or disease to.
3. To invade and produce infection in. with active malware.Not only are computers hiding unknown threats, new research from Trend Micro indicates that malware resides on computers a lot longer than previously thought. During analysis of more than 100 million compromised IP's, Trend Micro has identified that the peak number of infected IP's are infected (or repeatedly infected) for more than 2 years, with a median infection length of 300 days for the top countries. Eighty percent of all compromised machines have been infected for more than a month."Conventional security technologies such as endpoint antivirus Refers to detecting and blocking computer viruses. See antivirus program, behavior blocking, virus and virus hoaxes. , Web security gateways, email security gateways and IPS (1) (Inches Per Second) The measurement of the speed of tape passing by a read/write head or paper passing through a pen plotter.
(2) (IPS) (Intrusion Prevention S solutions are struggling to keep up with today's targeted attacks that are designed to be stealthy and go undetected while they systematically steal sensitive data," said Thomas Miller Thomas Miller may refer to:
- Thomas J. Miller (diplomat) (born 1948), former U.S. Ambassador to Greece
- Thomas Miller (poet) (1807–1874), poet and novelist
Trend Micro Threat Management Services are part of Trend Microao Enterprise Security solutions - a tightly integrated offering of content security products, services and solutions which is powered by the Trend Microao Smart Protection Networkao. Trend Micro Enterprise Security delivers immediate protection from emerging threats while greatly reducing the cost and complexity of security management. 2009 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
2009 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 21, 2009|
|Previous Article:||du and Cisco to offer advanced conferencing and collaboration solutions.|
|Next Article:||Union National Bank (UNB) announces results.|