Training course pay worries; in association with fish4jobs Know Your Rights.Byline: Justin Justin (Marcus Junianus Justinus), fl. 3d cent., Roman historian. He made a collection of excerpts from Trogus, which gives many facts not recounted elsewhere. Madders
Q: I have recently been elected e·lect
v. e·lect·ed, e·lect·ing, e·lects
1. To select by vote for an office or for membership.
2. To pick out; select: elect an art course. by my colleagues as a health and safety representative. As part of this, I will have to go on a training course, and am worried about what will happen to my wages for these days. Will I still get paid?
Justin says: Employees who are safety representatives appointed ap·point
tr.v. ap·point·ed, ap·point·ing, ap·points
1. To select or designate to fill an office or a position: appointed her the chief operating officer of the company.
2. by a trade union recognised by their employer or representatives of employees elected under the Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996, are entitled en·ti·tle
tr.v. en·ti·tled, en·ti·tling, en·ti·tles
1. To give a name or title to.
2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: to time off with pay to carry out their functions and to undergo training.
You do not say on what basis you have been elected, but it is likely that it will have been on one of these and, as such, I expect you will be entitled to receive pay when you go on the training course.