Top News Releases From Russia for March 6-12, 2006.MOSCOW, Russia, March 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Investor interest in Russian corporates continued to influence which news releases from Russia were being read internationally in the past week (March 6-12), as measured by downloads from Russia Newswire.
Top newsmakers for the week included: Polyus Gold Mining Company, Alrosa, MICEX See Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange. , Northgas, Moscow Insurance Company, UGMK, AFBID and CenterTelecom.
The top 10 headlines on Russia Newswire for the week were:
1. Polyus Announces Sale of Its Stake in Gold Fields Limited MOSCOW (RNWire) - ZAO Polus ("Polyus"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of MMC Norilsk Nickel MMC Norilsk Nickel (RTS:B>GMKN MICEX:B>GMKN) (Russian: ГМК «Норильский Никель» , announced that it has sold its entire stake in Gold Fields Limited, a company organized under the laws of the Republic of South Africa, consisting of 98,467,758 ordinary shares, at a price of 20.50 USD USD
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the U.S. Dollar.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. per share, on an agency basis through Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1841)
2. ALROSA CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. Visits Petrozavodskmash ZAO MOSCOW (RNWire) - Alexander Nichiporuk, CEO of ALROSA, one of the world's largest rough diamond producers, today visited Petrozavodskmash ZAO, Russia's biggest supplier of equipment for the pulp and paper and petrochemical industries, and other sectors. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1863)
3. MICEX Launches Additional Intra-Day Clearing Session MOSCOW (RNWire) - An intra-day clearing session will be held for all ruble transactions on the MICEX Stock Exchange, providing they fulfil control procedures before 3:30 pm on the trading day. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1836)
4. Northgas Reports on EGM MOSCOW (RNWire) - Russian gas producer, Northgas reports on an extraordinary meeting of its shareholders, held March 6. An Addendum #1 was approved to a previous agreement made in 2006 between Northgas and Gazprom, the world's biggest gas producer. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1846)
5. Moscow Insurance Company Reports Preliminary '05 Results MOSCOW (RNWire) - Moscow Insurance Company (MSK), one of the fastest growing insurers in the Russian market, has today announced its preliminary financial results for '05. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1854)
6. UGMK to Install Oxygen Generator at Serov Metallurgical Plant SEROV, Russia (RNWire) - Ural Mining and Metal Group (UGMK), one of Russia's most important integrated metals producers has revealed plans to install an oxygen facility at the Serov Metallurgical Plant in April '06. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1833)
7. Russia Newswire Admitted to AFBID MOSCOW (RNWire) - The Association of Financial and Business Information Distributors (AFBID) reports the results of a session of its Council held on March 3. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1855)
8. CenterTelecom Reaffirms Director of Moscow Office MOSCOW (RNWire) - OJSC CenterTelecom (RTS (Request To Send) An RS-232 signal sent from the transmitting station to the receiving station requesting permission to transmit. Contrast with CTS.
1. (operating system) RTS - run-time system.
2. : ESMO, ESMOP ESMOP Electronic Service Method of Procedure (Ciena) ; MICEX: CTLK, CTLKP; OTC OTC
See over-the-counter market (OTC). : CRMUY), the major provider of fixed-line and mobile communications in the Russian Central Federal District today has reaffirmed Nikolai Mezhuyev as Deputy General Director for the company's Moscow office. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1848)
9. UGMK Increases Investments for Gaisky GOK Development GAI, Russia (RNWire) - The Ural Mining and Metal Company (UGMK), one of Russia's most important integrated metals producers reports that this year it plans to invest around RUR2.6 billion in developing Gaisky GOK, one of the largest copper ore mining plants in Russia. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1858)
10. UGMK to Purchase Twister Equipment for Subsidiary TOMSK, Russia (RNWire) - The Ural Mining and Metal Group (UGMK), one of Russia's most important integrated metals producers says it plans to purchase Drum Twister equipment for its subsidiary, Sibkabel ZAO. This is to be supplied by the UK company Proton in Q3 this year. (http://www.russianewswire.net/releases_headlines_details.php?id=1845)
About Russia Newswire (www.russianewswire.net)
RNWire is the leading full-service provider of international PR and IR support solutions for Russian and CIS Cis (sĭs), same as Kish (1.)
(1) (CompuServe Information Service) See CompuServe.
(2) (Card Information S organizations, and for international newsmakers focused on the CIS market. Services include release translation and comprehensive distribution, media monitoring and evaluation, and remote press office functions.
Neil Morton, Tel: +44-(0)20-7526-4843, email@example.com