Top 5 Mistakes That Singers Make - Karaoke Singing
Want to make a good impression when you get up on the stage to do your karaoke songs Imagine YOUR show being the talk of the town the next dayWant to make a good impression when you get up on the stage to do your karaoke songs? Imagine YOUR show being the talk of the town the next day! Follow these tips, and your karaoke songs will be the ones that people remember.
Before we start, lets take a look at the different types of singing
There''re basically 2 ways that most people sing, the natural way and the normal way. The natural way of singing is beautiful in the voice of the masters and it is defined as singing that is completely free from any deliberate physical or mental effort. The normal way, which most people use, may be defined as the way singing ought to be done to reach certain goals or objectives.
1. Don''t have too much to drink before you go up on the stage to sing your karaoke songs. One very big reason for this is because drunk people tend to trip on cords and fall off the stage. They also slur the words to people''s favorite songs. As a result, their show leaves much to be desired. Save some of the drinks to celebrate AFTER you have put on a fantastic show.
2. Don''t eat or drink milk, cream, dairy products, chocolate, or mixed drinks with any of these things in them. They coat the throat and produce phlegm, which makes it most difficult for you to sing your karaoke songs.
3. Don''t read your karaoke song from the screen. This makes for a really boring show.
4. Don''t scream into the microphone, or strain to reach the notes. Your karaoke songs will sound terrible, and you will likely damage your vocal chords.
5. Don''t take it too seriously. After all, you''re here to have FUN!
That''s all there is to it! A night of singing karaoke songs is meant to be fun and relaxing. Remember these tips to enhance your experience, and you will surely have a great time.
1. Choose a song that''s right for your voice. Know your limitations.
2. Choose a song that means something to you, carries special memories for you, and that you feel passionate about.
3. Know the words and music.
4. Drink water before each song to hydrate your vocal chords. Your karaoke songs will sound better, fuller, and stronger.
5. When you walk up onto the stage, exude confidence! The audience will be filled with anticipation of what''s to come.
6. Take control of the stage. Make eye contact with the audience. Pick out someone in the audience every so often to make eye contact with, and smile right at them. Include them. Reel them in.
7. Make the song yours! It''s your karaoke song; it''s your show; so put on a great show. Sing from the heart. Let the audience feel your emotion.
8. Move with the song. Move during the instrumental breaks. Think energy!
9. When you''re done with your karaoke songs, take a bow and thank the audience. This always leaves a great impression.
10. Have FUN!
Christine Durham is the founder of The SongStation Studios. - Karaoke System Imagine having 53,000 karaoke songs inbuilt into one machine... The SongStation is #1 among home karaoke machines with 53,000 karaoke tracks. It is not just a cdg player. It also plays DVD, CD+G, VCD, & MP3. Find out more today!