Three Finalists Battle for Public Votes in First Young & Free Texas Spokesperson Search.Texans Urged to Vote for their Favorite Finalist through October 24
LAKE JACKSON, Texas Lake Jackson is a city in Brazoria County, Texas within the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown Metropolitan Area. As of a 2004 U.S. Census Bureau estimate, the city population was 27,022. -- In a battle that is reaching epic proportions, three finalists in the search for the first Young & Free Texas Spokesperson are taking their fight into the world of social media. The finalists are using this arena to lobby for the public votes they need to win the coolest contest in the state and land a paying job.
The three finalists are 21-year-old DeAndre Upshaw of Waco and 19-year-old Amy Acreman and 22-year-old Jason Smith Jason Smith is the name of:
Present participle of vie.
vying vie for the opportunity to be named the first official Young & Free Texas spokesperson.
With this sole objective in mind, each is using sites such as Twitter A Web site and service that lets users send short text messages from their cellphones to a group of friends. Launched in 2006, Twitter (www.twitter.com) was designed for people to broadcast their current activities and thoughts. , Facebook and YouTube to ask for votes. The public is invited to support them in their quest by logging onto the Young & Free Texas Web site at www.youngfreetexas.com and voting today. The finalists' profiles and entries can be viewed on the site as well.
The winner of the spokesperson search will become the official voice of the Y Generation for Young & Free Texas, an exciting online initiative that will connect young adults with the fun and free happenings occurring in their area. The winner will also receive:
* A Toyota Prius The Toyota Prius is a hybrid electric vehicle developed and manufactured by the Toyota Motor Corporation, and one of the first such vehicles to be mass-produced and marketed. The Prius first went on sale in Japan in 1997, and worldwide in 2001. with a gas allowance
* An Apple MacBook notebook computer A laptop computer that weighs in a range from five to seven pounds. The term originated when laptops were routinely more than 10 pounds, and those that became lighter were placed in a special "notebook" category. In practice, notebook computer and laptop computer are synonymous. with a paid Internet contract
* A Canon digital camcorder
* A Canon digital camera
* A Flip digital video camera
* An Apple iPhone with a paid contract
* And, a competitive annual salary!
The public voting period runs through October 24, 2008. The winner will be determined by the most votes and will be announced on October 31, 2008.
Young & Free Texas is being presented by TDECU TDECU Texas Dow Employees Credit Union , the largest locally-owned financial institution along the Texas Gulf Coast. The initiative was designed to resonate res·o·nate
v. res·o·nat·ed, res·o·nat·ing, res·o·nates
1. To exhibit or produce resonance or resonant effects.
2. with 19 to 25 year-olds and help them plan their financial future.
Founded in 1955, TDECU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with over 125,000 members and more than $1.3 billion in assets. TDECU currently has 14 branch locations and offers a complete selection of convenient, innovative, and competitive products and services -- including savings, checking, certificates of deposit, IRAs, money market accounts, auto and home loans, credit cards, free online banking and bill pay, investment services, and much more. Members can also access over 32,000 surcharge-free Allpoint[TM] ATMs nationwide.