Thomson Reuters Honors IASIS Healthcare and Time Warner, Inc.
ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Thomson Reuters recently honored IASIS Healthcare and Time Warner, Inc. for improving the utilization and managing the cost of healthcare.
Time Warner, Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment, transformed its healthcare benefit program through data-driven analyses and strategies. In an effort to help its employees make more informed healthcare choices, the company provided information tools that enabled employees to select appropriate benefit plans, developed targeted clinical intervention programs, and introduced new benefit program designs and employee education tools. As a result, the company has seen substantial improvements in quality of care and outcomes.
IASIS Healthcare owns and operates 15 general, acute-care hospitals in Arizona List of hospitals in Arizona (U.S. state), sorted by hospital name.
- Arizona Heart Hospital - Phoenix, Arizona
- Arizona State Hospital - Phoenix, Arizona
- Arrowhead Community Hospital - Glendale, Arizona
- Benson Hospital - Benson, Arizona
As a result of its initiative, IASIS experienced substantial year-over-year quality improvements across its hospital system, including:
* A 7 percent improvement in pneumonia prevention.
* An 11 percent improvement in surgical infection prevention.
* An overall 61 percent reduction in hospital-acquired vascular catheter-related blood stream infections
"Time Warner and IASIS Healthcare have made an inspiring commitment to excellence," said Mike Boswood, president and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of the Healthcare & Science business of Thomson Reuters. "As a result they have more efficient operations, people are receiving higher quality healthcare, and lives are being saved."
The 2010 Healthcare Advantage Awards were presented in Orlando at the 2010 Healthcare Advantage Conference, the annual gathering of Thomson Reuters healthcare customers.
In addition to the overall winners, awards were presented to healthcare providers, payers, and employers in four categories:
Consumer Outreach and Communications
* McKesson Corporation, San Francisco, CA
* Polk County Florida, Bartow, FL
Health and Clinical Outcomes
* IASIS Healthcare Corporation, Franklin, TN
* Parrish Medical Center, Titusville, FL
* Prudential Financial, Inc., Newark, NJ
* Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties, Orangeburg, SC
* Rockingham Memorial Hospital (RMH RMH Ronald McDonald House
RMH Rocky Mountain House (Canadian national park)
RMH Rochester Methodist Hospital (Rochester, MN)
RMH Real Manly Hug
RMH Report on Macroeconomics and Health
RMH Recent Medical History ), Harrisonburg, VA
* Trumbull Memorial Hospital, Warren, OH
* Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
* Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, also know as CHOMP, was founded in 1934 and is located 23625 Holman Highway in Monterey, California. The hospital has 176 acute care beds and 28 skilled-nursing beds. , Monterey, CA
* Memorial Health System, Colorado Springs, CO
* Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center, Lincoln, NE
* Time Warner, Inc., New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of , NY
* WellSpan Health, York, PA
* WellStar Health System, Marietta, GALiberty Mutual Group, Boston, MA
Strategy and Growth
* Community Healthcare System (CHS (Cylinder Head Sector) An earlier method of addressing a hard disk by referencing all three physical elements of the drive. It was superseded by logical block addressing (see LBA). ), Munster, IN
* General Dynamics Corporation, Falls Church, VA
* Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford, OR
* Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare is a hospital located in Tallahasee, Florida, United States. History
TMH is Tallahassee's oldest and largest hospital actually beginning service on April 23, 1948 in one small room at Dale Mabry Field. , Tallahassee, FL
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, healthcare and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
SOURCE Thomson Reuters
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 10, 2010|
|Previous Article:||New LIGHTWAVE ONE Conference to Collocate With ITEXPO West 2010 in Los Angeles.|
|Next Article:||Cleveland's Harley-Davidson Sales Company Offers Ladies Only Introduction to Experience the Motorcycle Culture.|