The ten things you never knew about Prince Charles.Byline: ANI
London, Nov 16 (ANI): He might be a public figure, yet there are many things about Prince Charles Noun 1. Prince Charles - the eldest son of Elizabeth II and heir to the English throne (born in 1948)
Charles that are still unknown.
Now, Times Online has provided a list of not very well known facts about the 60-year-old royal.
The 10 things you didn't know about Prince Charles are:
1. When he was born, the fountains in Trafalgar Square Trafalgar Square, in Westminster, London, England, named for Lord Nelson's victory at the battle of Trafalgar. The statue surmounting the Nelson memorial column (185 ft/56 m high) was sculpted (1840–43) by E. H. Baily. ran blue 'for a boy'.
2. It was the first royal birth since the 17th century that wasn't witnessed by a government minister.
3. Charles was christened using water from the River Jordan, a royal tradition thought to stretch back to the Crusades.
4. A video on YouTube claims to offer proof that Prince Charles is the Antichrist Antichrist (ăn`tĭkrīst), in Christian belief, a person who will represent on earth the powers of evil by opposing the Christ, glorifying himself, and causing many to leave the faith. .
5. He is the only member of the royal family to have appeared nude in a magazine. Paris Match Paris Match is a French weekly magazine. It's best known for the frequent use of paparazzi photographs. The magazine also covers major national and international news along with celebrity features. Paris Match was founded in 1949 by the industrialist Jean Prouvost. once printed a picture of him standing naked at the window of a French chateau.
6. He was voted one of the 11 best-dressed men in Europe - at the age of five
7. During a trip to Fiji as a young man, he was entertained by topless women who performed a fertility dance for him.
8. While he was studying at Cambridge, a detective was assigned to look after the prince's laundry in case a student prankster was tempted to steal the royal underpants.
9. On a visit to Manchester in 1983, somebody threw a custard pie in the prince's face, having first asked permission.
10. He was caught drinking underage at 14 when he ordered a cherry brandy brandy in which cherries have been steeped.
See also: Cherry at the Crown hotel in Stornaway. He didn't realize a freelance reporter was in the same bar. (ANI)
Copyright 2008 Asian News International The Asian News International (ANI) agency provides multimedia news to China and 50 bureaus in India. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company