The five SOF truths.
THE "SOF Truths" encapsulate a philosophy--an azimuth check--that guides the growth, development and employment of special operations forces. Long built on four essential "truths," a fifth was recently added: "Most special operations require non-SOF assistance." This newest addition is a tribute to
the thousands of personnel teamed with special operations forces making vital contributions. These partners include technicians, intelligence analysts and the numerous other professionals who contribute to SOF, and have substantially increased its capabilities and effectiveness throughout the world.
* Humans are more important than their hardware.
* Their quality is more important than quantities.
* SOF cannot be mass-produced.
* Competent SOF cannot be created after emergencies occur.
* Most special operations require non-SOF assistance.