The Who - Live at the Isle of Wight Legendary 1970 Concert Comes to the Big Screen in Special One Night Only Presentation.
NEW YORK New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of -- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :RGC RGC Royal Government of Cambodia
RGC Retinal Ganglion Cell
RGC Responsible Gambling Council
RGC Rio Grande City (Texas)
RGC Routing Group Connector (Microsoft) ):
--Remastered, HD The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight Noun 1. Isle of Wight - an isle and county of southern England in the English Channel
county - (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government; "the county has a population of 12,345 people" Concert Featuring New Interview with Pete Townshend Town·shend , Charles 1725-1767.
British politician who as Chancellor of the Exchequer (1766) and acting prime minister sponsored the Townshend Acts (1767), which levied duties on many items imported to the American colonies. to Debut in Regal Entertainment Group Theatres Nationwide, Monday Monday: see week. , August 9th, 7:30 p.m.
--The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight DVD DVD: see digital versatile disc.
in full digital video disc or digital versatile disc
Type of optical disc. The DVD represents the second generation of compact-disc (CD) technology. Available August 10th
On August 9th, The Who fans will have the chance to re-live the band's legendary concert performance at the 1970 Isle of Wight festival on the big screen in a special One Night Only(TM) presentation of The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight at 49 Regal Entertainment Group ("REG" NYSE: RGC) movie theatres across the country.
This classic concert, considered by many to be The Who at their finest, has been completely remastered, remixed and restored under the expert supervision of Who guitarist Pete Townshend and Murray Murray, river, Australia
Murray, principal river of Australia, 1,609 mi (2,589 km) long, rising in the Australian Alps, SE New South Wales, and flowing westward to form the New South Wales–Victoria boundary. Lerner Ler·ner , Alan Jay 1918-1986.
American playwright and lyricist. He wrote a number of musicals with the composer Frederick Loewe, including Brigadoon (1947) and My Fair Lady (1956).
Noun 1. , the concert film's Academy Award(R)-winning director. Original negatives and reversal rolls were used to convert the film to High Definition (HD), and the audio was remixed using a total of 16 tracks recorded at the festival. The concert film features the original Who lineup A criminal investigation technique in which the police arrange a number of individuals in a row before a witness to a crime and ask the witness to identify which, if any, of the individuals committed the crime. playing some of their landmark hits, as well as songs from their top-selling rock opera, "Tommy." The special event will also include portions of a new, revealing interview with Pete Townshend, as well as an in-theatre-only introductory segment by director Lerner.
The exclusive in-theatre event, presented by Regal CineMedia(SM) (RCM RCM Reliability-Centered Maintenance
RCM Royal College of Music
RCM Royal Conservatory of Music
RCM Royal Canadian Mint
RCM Reliability Centered Maintenance
RCM Revenue Cycle Management
RCM Regional Climate Model
RCM Ring-Closing Metathesis ) entertainment services, Eagle Rock Entertainment Eagle Rock Entertainment Limited was founded in April 1997 by three former colleagues at Castle Communications (Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin and Julian Paul) and is based in Aldershot in Hampshire with offices in Hamburg, Paris, and New York. , AEG AEG Aeger (Latin: Sick)
AEG Allgemeine Elektrizitäts-Gesellschaft (Common Electricity Company)
AEG Aircraft Evaluation Group
AEG Association of Engineering Geologists
AEG Air Expeditionary Group Live and AEG TV, will premiere in select Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres* nationwide on August 9th at 7:30 p.m. local time. Advance tickets are available for $12.50 at participating box offices or online at www.Regalcm.com. Event day tickets will also be available at box offices or online for $15.
About The Who and the legendary 1970 Isle of Wight Concert
On August 30, 1970, a total of 600,000 people gathered for the last of three consecutive annual music festivals at the Isle of Wight to see rock 'n' roll rock 'n' roll: see rock music. legends The Who perform what would be one of their most memorable concerts to date. Starting at 2 a.m., this small island off the coast of England exploded ex·plode
v. ex·plod·ed, ex·plod·ing, ex·plodes
1. To release mechanical, chemical, or nuclear energy by the sudden production of gases in a confined space: with cheers as The Who took the stage, clapping to the long-awaited classic hits including "Water," "Magic Bus," "Heaven And Hell," "I Can't Explain," "Pinball Wizard Instructional help in an application or system development environment that guides the user through a series of multiple choice questions to accomplish a task. For the most part, wizards are more effective than the help menus found in most applications, which often border on the atrocious. ," "I'm Free," and many more. The Guinness Book of Records recorded this event as the largest gathering ever of human beings. Band members Roger Daltrey (vocals), John Entwistle (bass), Keith Moon Keith John Moon (August 23, 1946 – September 7, 1978) was the drummer of the rock group The Who. Moon became known for an innovative and dramatic style of drumming, often eschewing basic back beats for a fluid, extremely busy technique focused on fast, cascading rolls across (drums) and Pete Townshend (guitar) pounded out seven of their most popular songs, plus 13 additional songs from their rock opera "Tommy" (created in 1969 and later turned into a hit Broadway musical in 1993), including "Eyesight eye·sight
1. The faculty of sight; vision.
2. Range of vision; view. To The Blind Boy," "The Acid Queen," "We're Not Gonna gon·na
Contraction of going to: We're gonna win today. Take It" and "Fiddle About." The live performance ended at 5 a.m. with Moon destroying his drum set and Townshend smashing his electric guitar. In the history of rock, The Who once again proved to be the greatest live act around.
Starting as an R&B band in England, The Who eventually grew into a creative and powerful force that led the British Invasion's Second Wave and brought them into stardom star·dom
1. The status of a performer or entertainer acknowledged as a star.
2. Star performers considered as a group. . The four members have very diverse and unique personalities, which is evident in their intense live performances. Separating them from most other rock bands, Townshend usually leads on guitar, while Moon and Entwistle improvise im·pro·vise
v. im·pro·vised, im·pro·vis·ing, im·pro·vis·es
1. To invent, compose, or perform with little or no preparation.
2. over the melody melody, succession of single tones of varying pitch. Melody is the linear aspect of music, in contrast to harmony, the chordal aspect, which results from the simultaneous sounding of tones. . To this day, they have been held up to music legends such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones Rolling Stones, English rock music group that rose to prominence in the mid-1960s and continues to exert great influence. Members have included singer
Mick Jagger (Michael Phillip Jagger), 1943–; guitarists
Brian Jones .
The newly released The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight DVD will hit the streets the day after the theatre premier. Available for the first time in DTS (1) (Digital Theatre Sound) A digital audio encoding system used in movie and home theaters. Popularized by the movie Jurassic Park, the six-channel (5. audio, the DVD features the full 40-minute interview with Who guitarist, Pete Townshend. The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight DVD will be available in stores on Tuesday, August 10th, for a suggested retail price of $19.98.
* The Who - Live At The Isle of Wight premiere event will be presented at the following locations: Market Theatre Location/Address ---------------- ----------------------------------------------- LITTLE ROCK, AR UA BRECKENRIDGE VILLAGE 12 1200 Breckenridge Dr., Little Rock, AR PHOENIX, AZ UA SCOTTSDALE PAVILIONS 11 9090 East Indian Bend, Scottsdale, AZ SAN FRANCISCO, CA REGAL HACIENDA CROSSINGS 20 5000 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA LOS ANGELES, CA EDWARDS IRVINE SPECTRUM 21 65 Fortune Drive, Irvine, CA SACRAMENTO, CA REGAL NATOMAS MARKETPLACE 16 3561 Truxel Road, Sacramento, CA DENVER, CO UA DENVER PAVILIONS 15 500 16th Street #310, Denver, CO DENVER, CO UA GREENWOOD PLAZA 12 8141 E Arapahoe Rd., Englewood, CO HARTFORD, CT REGAL BRANFORD STADIUM 12 325 E Main St., Branford, CT W. PALM BEACH, FL REGAL PALM BEACH STADIUM 18 1003 State Road 7, Royal Palm Beach, FL MIAMI, FL REGAL SAWGRASS 23 2600 Northwest 136th Avenue, Sunrise, FL TAMPA, FL REGAL CITRUS PARK 20 7999 Citrus Park Town Center Mall, Tampa, FL ORLANDO, FL REGAL WINTER PARK VILLAGE 20 510 North Orlando Ave, Winter Park, FL ATLANTA, GA REGAL TOWN CENTER 16 - KENNESAW 2795 Town Center Drive, Kennesaw, GA CHICAGO, IL REGAL LINCOLNSHIRE 20 300 Parkway Drive, Lincolnshire, IL FORT WAYNE, IN REGAL COLDWATER CROSSING 211 West Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN LEXINGTON, KY REGAL HAMBURG PAVILION 16 1949 Starshoot Road, Lexington, KY BOSTON, MA REGAL SOLOMON POND MALL STADIUM 15 591 Donald J Lynch Blvd, Marlborough, MA PROVIDENCE, RI REGAL SILVER CITY GALLERIA 10 2 Galleria Mall Dr, Taunton, MA BALTIMORE, MD UA SNOWDEN SQUARE STADIUM 14 9161 Commerce Center Dr., Columbia, MD GRAND RAPIDS, MI UA CROSSROADS 10 6600 Ring Road, Portage, MI DETROIT, MI UA COMMERCE STADIUM 14 3033 Springvale Drive, Walled Lake, MI MINNEAPOLIS, MN REGAL BROOKLYN CENTER 20 6420 Camden Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN ST. LOUIS, MO REGAL ST. LOUIS MILLS STADIUM 18 5555 St. Louis Mills Blvd., Hazelwood, MO KANSAS CITY, MO REGAL KANSAS CITY 18 CINEMAS 3200 Ameristar Drive, Kansas City, MO CHARLOTTE, NC REGAL STONECREST AT PIPER GLEN 22 7824 Rea Road, Charlotte, NC RALEIGH-DURHAM, NC UA GARNER TOWNE SQUARE 2600 Timber Drive, Garner, NC ALBUQUERQUE, NM UA COTTONWOOD MALL STADIUM 10 10000 NW Coors Blvd., Albuquerque, NM LAS VEGAS, NV REGAL VILLAGE SQUARE 18 9400 W Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV ALBANY, NY REGAL CROSSGATES 18 120 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY NEW YORK, NY REGAL UNION SQUARE STADIUM 14 850 Broadway, New York, NY BUFFALO, NY REGAL TRANSIT CENTER 18 6707 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY CLEVELAND, OH REGAL SEVERANCE TOWN CENTER 14 3492 Mayfield Road, Cleveland Heights, OH COLUMBUS, OH REGAL GEORGESVILLE SQUARE 16 1800 Georgesville Square Drive, Columbus, OH OKLAHOMA CITY, OK REGAL CROSSROADS MALL 16 1211 E. I-240, Oklahoma City, OK PORTLAND, OR REGAL LLOYD CENTER STADIUM 10 1510 NE Multnomah St., Portland, OR PITTSBURGH, PA REGAL MORAINE POINTE CINEMA 10 300 Moraine Pointe Plaza, Butler, PA HARRISBURG, PA REGAL HARRISBURG STADIUM 14 1500 Caughey Dr, Harrisburg, PA PHILADELPHIA, PA UA KING OF PRUSSIA STADIUM 16 300 Goddard Blvd., King Of Prussia, PA GREENVILLE, SC REGAL HOLLYWOOD STADIUM 20 1025 Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC KNOXVILLE, TN REGAL WEST TOWN MALL 9 7600 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN NASHVILLE, TN REGAL OPRY MILLS 20 570 Opry Mills Drive, Nashville, TN AUSTIN, TX REGAL METROPOLITAN 14 901 Little Texas Lane, Austin, TX DALLAS, TX UA GALAXY STADIUM 10 11801 Mccree Road, Dallas, TX HOUSTON, TX EDWARDS HOUSTON MARQ*E 23 7620 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX NORFOLK, VA REGAL MACARTHUR CENTER 18 300 Monticello Avenue Ste 330, Norfolk, VA WASHINGTON DC REGAL BALLSTON COMMON 12 671 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA WASHINGTON DC UA FAIRFAX TOWNE CENTER 10 12110 Fairfax Towne Center, Fairfax, VA SEATTLE, WA REGAL AUBURN 17 THEATRES 1101 Super Mall Way, Suite 901, Auburn, WA YAKIMA, WA REGAL COLUMBIA MALL 8 701 Columbia Center, Kennewick, WA
About Eagle Rock Entertainment
Eagle Rock Entertainment develops, acquires and produces music programming for a wide range of notable and high profile artists, which the company distributes on a worldwide basis. Eagle Rock Entertainment, Eagle Vision and Eagle Eye Media are wholly owned divisions of Eagle Rock Group, LTD LTD 1 Laron-type dwarfism 2 Leukotriene D 3 Long-term depression, see there 4. Long-term disability .
About Regal CineMedia
Regal CineMedia is a wholly owned subsidiary Wholly Owned Subsidiary
A subsidiary whose parent company owns 100% of its common stock.
In other words, the parent company owns the company outright and there are no minority owners. of Regal Entertainment Group focusing on the expansion and development of advertising and new uses for Regal's theatre assets, while at the same time enhancing the movie-going experience. Regal CineMedia operates other divisions that focus on meetings and special productions in a theatre environment, including the presentation of entertainment, educational and sports events, as well as the sale of group tickets and gift certificates.
About Regal Entertainment Group
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) is the largest motion picture exhibitor in the world. The Company's theatre circuit, comprising Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres, operates 6,020 screens in 545 locations in 39 states. Regal operates approximately 17% of all screens in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. including theatres in 46 of the top 50 U.S. markets and growing suburban areas. The size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provides patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations and, through Regal CineMedia, develop new sources of revenue and cash flow by utilizing Regal's existing asset base.
Additional information is available on the Company's web site at www.REGmovies.com or www.regalcinemedia.com.
About AEG LIVE/AEG-TV
AEG LIVE is a collection of companies devoted to all aspects of live entertainment including: Creative Battery, producers of live entertainment for a variety of media and venues; Concert West and Golden Voice, live entertainment promotion and touring companies; and AEG TELEWORKS, full television production service providers.
AEG-TV / Spring Communications, an affiliate of the AEG, is devoted to the creation, distribution, and marketing of live events digitized for television, DVD, pay-per-view, cinema and other electronic media. Visit www.aeg-tv.com for more information.