Printer Friendly

The Stellar Companies Inc. The Sports & Shopping Network Inc.

ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 26, 1995--The Stellar Companies Inc. and its subsidiary, The Sports & Shopping Network Inc. ("TSSN"), announced Thursday that it has reached an agreement with EVRO Corp. ("EVRO"), a Florida-based public company traded over NASDAQ's Small Cap Market under the symbol "EVRO".

Under the agreement, EVRO will acquire 98% ownership of TSSN along with an option to acquire the remaining 2% from a number of minority shareholders, in exchange for controlling interest in EVRO. In effect, this would take TSSN public.

Contemporaneous with the TSSN acquisition, EVRO plans to raise $2,000,000 through a private placement of its restricted common stock. Upon the funding of the private placement, the TSSN acquisition will be deemed complete, and EVRO board of directors will be reconstituted, and EVRO will change its name and NASDAQ symbol to TSSN. Upon the exchange of shares, The Sports & Shopping Network will become a wholly owned subsidiary of TSSN.

TSSN will participate in the $2.5 billion television home shopping market, specializing in the areas of sports related products and accurate up-to-the-minute information and scores of all major sporting events. TSSN's primary competition includes Home Shopping Network, QVC Network and Shop at Home which sell jewelry, clothing, home products, art and sports memorabilia on a limited basis, mostly in the form of collectible cards and autographed items.

Keith Halford, chief executive officer of ViaTV, TSSN's joint venture partner, was one of the four founders of QVC Network and was the first marketing vice president of Home Shopping Network Inc. Under his leadership, sales at Home Shopping grew from only $600,000 in 1982 when he joined the company to $128 million in 1986 when he left to co-found QVC Network. During his tenure at QVC, sales grew to $800 million annually. "I have long felt that sports related products will become one of the strongest segments of this industry. We are very pleased that TSSN has chosen ViaTV as its distribution partner."

In November 1994, TSSN commenced limited operations in 3.5 million test market satellite households and expanded to an additional 7.5 million cable homes earlier this month. TSSN has averaged approximately $50,000 in revenues each weekend for the past three weekends. TSSN currently operates on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings in the two-hour time slot between 3 and 5 a.m.

Once the additional funding is contributed to TSSN from the EVRO private placement offering, TSSN will continue to expand its television broadcasting schedule. "The TSSN business plan projects prime time broadcasting from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., ten hours a day, seven days a week. Our gross revenue projections of $55 million in the first year of operation amounts to only 2.5% of the annual revenues of Home Shopping and QVC. We believe that TSSN will exceed our expectations and quickly gain its share of this rapidly expanding market," stated Tom Jensen, chairman of TSSN.

TSSN's plan is to focus on the marketing of sports related products from sporting goods manufacturers as well as highlighting its own sports memorabilia, including TSSN's patented "Magic Moments" talking cards, and its "Cager Classics" sports apparel line.

The corporate offices of The Sports & Shopping Network Inc. are located at 7501 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Suite 103, Kissimmee, Florida 34747.

CONTACT: The Sports & Shopping Network Inc.

Tom Jensen, 615/549-7466
COPYRIGHT 1995 Business Wire
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1995, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

 Reader Opinion

Title:

Comment:



 

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Business Wire
Date:Jan 26, 1995
Words:560
Previous Article:Amdahl Appoints Poehner Vice President of Business Solutions Group; Delivering Product Services, Consulting as an Integrated Package.
Next Article:Chemfab Corporation announces second quarter fiscal 1995 earnings.
Topics:


Related Articles
Java anyone?
SEARS TO SPORT ESPN AS PARTNER.
Thrasher Hella Pages.
Valley feels chill of rare snow.
Retail rents skyrocket with no slowdown in sight.
Thrasher hella pages: shops that are down with thrasher.
NY Sports Club flexing its muscles at Atlas Park.
Thrasher hella pages: shops are down thrasher.
Sports Illustrated: Great Football Writing.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2014 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters