The Legal Guide for Direct Farm Marketing.
KEN SCHARABOK WAVERLY, TN SCHARABO@AOL.COM
Legal Guide for Direct Farm Marketing by Neil Hamilton Neil Hamilton may refer to:
The law as it relates to agriculture is concerned with farmers, ranchers, and the consuming public. Center, 2507 University Drive, Des Moines Des Moines, city, United States
Des Moines (dĭ moin`), city (1990 pop. 193,187), state capital and seat of Polk co., S central Iowa, at the junction of the Des Moines and Raccoon rivers; inc. , IA 50311)
If you direct: market any agricultural product to the public, whether just some extra sweet corn by the curb or a full-fledged farmers market stall, you need to have this book as a reference.
- A curbside stand may not be allowed by zoning laws.
- You may need to obtain a business license.
- Your general liability insurance policy likely doesn't cover this enterprise.
- Your liability insurance policy will also probably not cover injuries to any employees, however temporary, if you also do not have workers' compensation workers' compensation, payment by employers for some part of the cost of injuries, or in some cases of occupational diseases, received by employees in the course of their work. insurance. An insured employee might literally sue you out of your property.
- If a product you produce should sicken someone, and it can be traced to you, your current insurance policies probably will not protect you. In this case product liability insurance is required.
This guide includes references to other books, web sites and government resources.
While the price may seem high, consider the cost of settling any legal matters arising out of your enterprise.