Test your knowledge questions & answers.
1. This type of conflict resolution is when no action is taken and the parties are left to work out their differences: a. Avoidance
c. Problem identification
d. Directive action
2. An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complainant must contact an EEO counselor within how many days of the event causing the complaint?
a. 30 days
b. 10 business days
c. 45 days
d. There is no time limitation
3. New federal employees often serve a probationary period of how long?
a. 90 days
b. Their 1st annual appraisal
c. 1 year
d. Federal employees never have probationary periods
4. The "Rule of Three" refers to:
a. Three people should always be present for a corrective action meeting
b. Making the selection for each vacancy from the top three eligible candidates that are available for the appointment
c. The number of breaks federal employees should take in a given workday
d. The number of hours one must spend attending a professional holiday party
5. A Reduction in Force (RIF) may be caused by:
a. Lack of work
b. Shortage of funds
c. Insufficient personnel ceiling
e. All of the above