TerraGo Technologies Releases TerraGo Mobile.Mobile GIS Software This is a list of notable GIS software applications. See also the comparison of GIS software. Open source software
Most widely used open source applications:
ATLANTA -- TerraGo([R])Technologies, a provider of software solutions that extend the access and application of geospatial data to professional consumers, today announced the release of TerraGo Mobile, the first geospatial mobile application designed specifically for non-GIS users. Compatible with Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. 5 and 6 operating systems Operating systems can be categorized by technology, ownership, licensing, working state, usage, and by many other characteristics. In practice, many of these groupings may overlap. , the solution delivers interactive, intelligent maps and images in geo-enabled PDF (Portable Document Format) The de facto standard for document publishing from Adobe. On the Web, there are countless brochures, data sheets, white papers and technical manuals in the PDF format. format directly to personnel in the field, enabling them to collect and collaborate with geospatial data to respond faster, make better decisions and be more productive.
Initiated as a research and development project for In-Q-Tel, the independent strategic investment firm that identifies innovative technology solutions to support the mission of the broader U.S. Intelligence Community, TerraGo Mobile is now generally available. TerraGo has experienced significant interest in the solution from other military and intelligence organizations, as well as those in the emergency response, utilities, oil/gas and natural resource management industries.
TerraGo Mobile allows non-GIS experts in the field to interact with and add intelligence (photos, video, audio, comments and completed forms) to geo-registered maps and images directly from their mobile device. This information can then be shared with other mobile or desktop users and sent back to the GIS department via email. In addition, TerraGo Mobile incorporates advanced GPS technology and integrates KML KML Keyhole Markup Language
KML Killing My Lobster (comedy troupe, San Francisco, California)
KML Killing Myself Laughing
KML Knowledge Markup Language
KML Keyed Modeling Language (Google Earth A 3D mapping program from Google that covers the entire globe from satellite images. Requiring a download for Windows, Mac and Linux desktops, a street address can be searched, and the views can be zoomed down to the individual building all the way up to a satellite's view of the globe. ) files to create a more robust experience for all types of users. Field personnel need only know how to use the Windows interface and open a PDF to be instantly productive.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Chris Watson John Christian Watson (April 9, 1867 – November 18, 1941), commonly known as Chris Watson, Australian politician, was the third Prime Minister of Australia, and the first federal parliamentary leader of the Australian Labour Party (renamed Labor in 1912 by King , vice president of marketing for TerraGo, "Providing our customers with the ability to meet the growing demand among their non-GIS users who need to access and collaborate with geospatial data is core to TerraGo's mission. Extending our capabilities to the mobile platform was a natural progression for our software, as we make geospatial data accessible and valuable for virtually anyone, anywhere, anytime."
In addition to giving non-GIS users the ability to access and collaborate with geospatial data in the field, TerraGo Mobile gives GIS experts the ability to turn field personnel into electronic data collectors. This helps organizations collect a more robust set of real-time geospatial data, while creating an efficient business process of keeping geospatial data current. Key capabilities of the solution include:
* Access: TerraGo optimizes each file for performance prior to dissemination, making files that were once too large to distribute now portable. Multiple coordinate display systems are available, including Military Grid Reference System A system which uses a standard-scaled grid square, based on a point of origin on a map projection of the surface of the Earth in an accurate and consistent manner to permit either position referencing or the computation of direction and distance between grid positions. Also called MGRS. (MGRS MGRS Military Grid Reference System
MGRS Multicentre Growth Reference Study
MGRS Many Glacier Ranger Station (Glacier National Park) ), and can be changed on demand. Hotkeys make it easy for users to get the job done without having to learn complex GIS system interfaces.
* Navigate: Users can track positions using a GPS device, measure distances and areas between points, obtain coordinates of any point on the map, page through a multiple-page PDF file See PDF. , as well as pan and zoom across a PDF file to a specific point or address.
* Capture Field Knowledge: Users can add stamps, photos, audio, video and forms to any specific point on a map or image.
* Leverage Email: The information captured from the field can then be shared with peers in the field or GIS analysts via email, Bluetooth or infrared.
* Collaborate Securely: TerraGo Mobile uses AES encryption for any data transmitted via Bluetooth and infrared.
TerraGo Mobile operates on mobile devices that have Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 or 6 operating systems. In addition, the system should have 128 MB RAM and 64 MB free device storage space. For more information, visit www.terragotech.com/mobile.
About TerraGo Technologies
TerraGo Technologies delivers software applications that extend the access and application of maps and images for non-GIS users and customers. More than 700 organizations, including many defense and intelligence agencies, utility companies, public safety departments, and environmental engineering teams, depend on TerraGo software. The TerraGo Publisher Suite[R] allows organizations to consume and optimize data from any source and create a geo-enabled PDF, also known as a GeoPDF[R]. The TerraGo Collaboration Suite[R] offers desktop, web-based and mobile software applications that automate geospatial collaboration and information gathering. When used in conjunction with TerraGo Composer[R], customers are able to configure easy-to-use maps and images while embedding relevant business context, forms and workflows. With a strong ecosystem of partners, including Adobe, ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc., Redlands, CA, www.esri.com) The world's leading developer of geographic information systems (GIS) software, including programs that plot ZIP codes and addresses, demographic information and detailed, color-coded data. , ERDAS ERDAS Earth Resources Data Analysis System
ERDAS Eastern Range Dispersion Assessment System , Intergraph, BAE Systems and Trimble, millions of professionals use geospatial data that has been enabled by TerraGo in order to be more productive, improve quality and make better decisions. For more information, visit www.terragotech.com.